The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

JohnBrew

Chris, I love the "when we were young" series. My wife has been following along, also. My congrats to you and your wife for your love and sharing with those of us on the forum.
I wouldn't mind doing something similar, but then my earlier shots are with an SX-70, which I have never scanned.
Anyway, just wanted to thank you for sharing the love and bringing back the memories of our own. God bless you, man.

chrism

Chris, I love the "when we were young" series. My wife has been following along, also. My congrats to you and your wife for your love and sharing with those of us on the forum.
I wouldn't mind doing something similar, but then my earlier shots are with an SX-70, which I have never scanned.
Anyway, just wanted to thank you for sharing the love and bringing back the memories of our own. God bless you, man.
Well, just for you:

When We Were Young 6 by chrism229, on Flickr

I just did a half second exposure on a monopod of my muse sipping a glass of champagne as we celebrate the seeming success of the third wide excision of a melanoma - hopefully wide enough this time. I've some gruesome pictures of the skin graft etc, but they don't belong here (digital via iPhone). When I'm done my nursing and dressing changing duties I'll get around to developing that film. Personally, I would have preferred not to be in a race to see which of us has the luxury of succumbing first, but all things considered I can't complain as I have been very lucky to have forty years with her.
Wishing you and your better half all the best!
C.

Oren Grad

I just did a half second exposure on a monopod of my muse sipping a glass of champagne as we celebrate the seeming success of the third wide excision of a melanoma - hopefully wide enough this time. I've some gruesome pictures of the skin graft etc, but they don't belong here (digital via iPhone). When I'm done my nursing and dressing changing duties I'll get around to developing that film. Personally, I would have preferred not to be in a race to see which of us has the luxury of succumbing first, but all things considered I can't complain as I have been very lucky to have forty years with her.
Swatting melanomas is a drag... :( Here's hoping Zeno can sprinkle some of his magic paradox-dust on this race so that nobody can be the "winner" for a good while yet.

wjlapier

I haven't been around these parts for a while. I too really enjoyed the "when we were young" series. Thank you for sharing.

A couple from a Mamiyaflex C I received last week. Finally got around to taking it out for a test run. Lens is 10.5cm and film is XP2.

chrism

Norfolk Island grows a particular fir tree, which looks very primitive to me - like something from a Jurassic landscape. These poor little trees are now grown in the warmer parts of north America, then sprayed with glitter paint, and then sold as living Christmas trees. Generally, they die no matter what you do, as the paint prevents them from photosynthesising. This particular one might be called a 'rescue tree' - we washed and wiped off all the paint we could, and placed it outside in the sun, the rain and the wind each summer for the last several years. Now it is growing to the point where our cathedral ceiling will not cope, and we may have to prune out the central shoots if we are to keep it alive rather than throw it away. Obviously, no choice there! We may have to raise a roof to continue to support it.

Roleiflex 2.8GX, Ilford XP2 Super @ ISO 50, Ilfotec HC, Hasselblad X1 scan:

Norfolk Island Fir by chrism229, on Flickr

jdphoto

Stormy day on the coast of Maine with 20 foot + waves. Taken with the Pentax 645NII and Kodak Portra 400.

Last edited:

Oren Grad

Fuji GF670, set for 6x6 / Tri-X

The trail in the picture is gone now. Within a few months after this was taken, the trail started to flood just a bit beyond the part you can see here, as the marshy pond bounded by the trail expanded under extensive rainfall. For a while, the trail was roped off and marked as "closed for maintenance" a few steps behind where this was taken. Eventually, the sanctuary management decided to let nature take its course. Now the part you see in this picture is completely overgrown and there's no trace of there ever having been a trail. Happily, there is a higher vantage point nearby from which there is a view across the pond.

Camera is gone, too. Sold, though, not flooded. :)

Oren Grad

While I'm at it, another one from the same roll. This is a different body of water, in another corner of the same wildlife sanctuary. Taken late July, when the water lilies are behaving like they own the place.