The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

JohnBrew

Norfolk Island grows a particular fir tree, which looks very primitive to me - like something from a Jurassic landscape. These poor little trees are now grown in the warmer parts of north America, then sprayed with glitter paint, and then sold as living Christmas trees. Generally, they die no matter what you do, as the paint prevents them from photosynthesising. This particular one might be called a 'rescue tree' - we washed and wiped off all the paint we could, and placed it outside in the sun, the rain and the wind each summer for the last several years. Now it is growing to the point where our cathedral ceiling will not cope, and we may have to prune out the central shoots if we are to keep it alive rather than throw it away. Obviously, no choice there! We may have to raise a roof to continue to support it.

Roleiflex 2.8GX, Ilford XP2 Super @ ISO 50, Ilfotec HC, Hasselblad X1 scan:

Norfolk Island Fir by chrism229, on Flickr
Hi Chris, I did a similar thing with a ficus. It outgrew the house and I had to put it outside. Last winter I covered it as best I could in the cold weather and it came back more lovely than ever. This winter has been a different story since we dropped down to 19 degrees (a record) and while I double-covered it so far there has been no hint of green. I'm going to give it another month and keep watering it before I give up on it. We've had it 20 years.

kendo1

Beltane Fire Festival busk on The Mound, Edinburgh, before the main event on Monday 1st
Nikon F4, 80-200 2.8, Fomapan 100

Beltane drum leader by Ken, on Flickr

I did my first stint with the tech crew this year. Very enjoyable.

kendo1

This is a great photo to lure digital enthusiasts into the possibilities of film - great realism, separation of the subject, and the film grain shines.
That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about one of my images in 40+ years :)

Thank you, Charles.

darr

Chicken or Egg?

MiNT SX-70 + Polaroid Original Color Film + Studio Pops

Last edited:

darr

Re: Chicken or Egg?

1. egg
2. pie
3. :)
1. egg (that chicken is named Will). If I could, I would have a few chickens to care for.
2. sauce -- my Granny made the most Awesome Applesauce! She would send me down her root cellar to grab a Ball jar of that incredible sweetness, and I would try my darnedest to open that jar using my baby teeth! Every still life image of apples I make is dedicated to her. :eek:
3. I turned 60 recently, and the reason for the chicken and egg question. :ROTFL:

Kind regards,
Darr

4season

I doubt that I'll ever master the panoramic format, but it's a fun change of pace. Horizon S3, Kodak Ektar 100.