The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

From this morning at the cafe:

MiNT SLR670a (aka re-worked Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1)
Polaroid Originals 600 B&W film, color frames edition
Scanned with Impossible iPhone app

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Thanks for the likes on that last Polaroid!

I just finished capturing my last 21 Polaroid instant photos to digital using the Light L16. It makes for an amazingly easy capture, where these prints are often difficult due to reflections on their shiny cover sheet and other issues. The Light makes them look very good, very true to the original, and most of the captures require very little editing. I'll get the rendered photos up over the course of the weekend.

G

darr

Nautilus pompilius

MiNT SLR670-S + Polaroid Original SX-70 B+W Film

--
I slide the print back into the original film carrier (after removing the front piece) and scan the original on an Epson V700.
The slight distance off the scanner glass makes it so no Newton Rings happen. This shot was done with the camera on a copy stand.

I started "A Photo A Day" blog here. It will not always be Polaroid film, but it will have a lot of Polaroid.
I will be taking delivery of a custom built camera I am having made with a Polaroid 72 back on it soon.

Looking forward to this project,
Darr

Godfrey

Lovely work! And an interesting technique! :)

One of the images I scanned with the Light L16 yesterday was the same as I posted the other day, the portrait of Felipe and Jack at the cafe. The Light did such a far better job ...!

MiNT SLR670a (aka Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1 refurbished and upgraded)
Polaroid Originals 600 B&W, color edition
scanned with Light L16

Full rez: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1738/40882812950_a11368bc36_o.jpg

21 more scans to go*now... LOL! :)

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

My friend down in SoCal at whose shop I had the suspension, wheels, and tires upgrade to my motorcycle installed took a photo of me before I left with my camera.

My gods, I love Polaroid photographs!

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

My friend in SoCal snapped a photo of me with my SLR670a just before I got ready to leave for home a couple of weekends ago..

I just love SX-70 photos so much!

Enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Very nice, chrism! See the Hotel de Coronado in San Diego too for large wooden buildings!

---
A diptych of Polaroid portraits at a restaurant after our visit to SFMOMA yesterday:

MiNT SLR670a (aka Polaroid SX-70)
Polaroid Originals 600 Color
scanned with PhotoScan

:D Enjoy!
G

chrism

I'll point out that if you go to Shag Harbour:

Shag Harbour UFO by chrism229, on Flickr

You can go on to Paradise:

Welcome to Paradise by chrism229, on Flickr

Thirty years ago, Paradise was rather famous among the medical community of NS as being the home of a husband and wife team of sex therapists. I really think they would have been more at home in Shag Harbour... but Paradise will do nicely as the Amex lady used to say.

chrism

In the next village to Église Sainte Marie (posted above) is Église St. Bernard. I'm guessing that this church, built ten years after the largest wooden church in north America but only a few kilometers from it, was constructed in a spirit of competitiveness. It sits on a hill and as one approaches from the south it looks more like a medieval European abbey than the kind of twentieth century church expected in a rural community of 850 people. Sadly, the source of funds for it is obvious: I passed through many communities where the houses and gardens were well-kept and looked prosperous. St. Bernard doesn't have that look, and one wonders whether the community poured its disposable wealth into this structure, and the results are still apparent.

Eglise de St. Bernard by chrism229, on Flickr