The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

dave.gt

What does a photographer do when waiting on the weather and the sun in the early morning?

In my case, I leave the tripod in place and go on a walkabout shooting handheld. Some images I just shoot because I want to see how it will look on film, or how the composition works. It is a process with some good images and some not so much. This one is middle of the pack technically, but I have learned so much from this single image that it was well worth the effort.

Early summer morning beneath the Magnolia in Mid Town Atlanta.
Hasselblad H5D, 80mm + Ilford FP4+ film:

MidTown Through the Trees H5D Film getdpi.jpg

darr

Re: Orchids

--
Going through some old binders of 4x5 work. I no longer have the PS945 because I sold it to my friend Richard Man a few years ago.
I recently returned to shooting 4x5 and hope to post some new stuff soon, sadly without the use of the lovely PS945.
Right now there is a minty PS945 on eBay in Hong Kong for $5870.00.
Someone contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I still had mine; there seems to be a long want list for this lens.
I had it and let it go because I could not use it on my ALPA! :cry::cry::cry:
I still have my old Docter 240mm f/9, but do I miss the f/4.5 of the Cooke!

Hope everyone is well.

Kind regards,
Darr

Godfrey

Yesterday I vetted my Leica CL macro setup for capturing Minox subminiature negatives...

Minox C - APX25 HC110
Processed 27FEB98
scanned: Leica CL + Summicron-R 50mm + Focusing Bellows-R @ 1.75:1 magnification
Two negative panorama merge

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Some more Minox fun with the new capture setup:

Minox C - APX25 HC110
Processed 27FEB98
scanned: Leica CL + macro setup @ 1.75:1 magnification
2 negative panorama merge

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

I'm very pleased with these three snaps from 1997 and the Minox B using APX25 film. They're scanned at ~1.75:1 resolution with a Leica CL + Focusing Bellows-R + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm lens. No editing other than the usual inversion and a bit of spotting.

The folks are two of my motobuddies, still good friends today after all these years. Daffy is sadly long gone.

Jack - Mount Hamilton 1997

Jack's Bike "Daffy Ducati" - Mount Hamilton 1997

Joanne - Mount Hamilton 1997

The Minoxen are always a joy because they take up so little room you can always have one in your pocket, available and ready. Nowadays, a smartphone with its high resolution digital camera can do the same job with much more ease, resolution, and image quality, but there's a joy in the world of subminiature film photographs—in getting good results from silly sized, teensy scraps of film—that is gone.

enjoy!
G

darr

Re: Ripe Peaches

I opened up my last box of Polaroid 55 a few days ago. It has been refrigerated since 2005, and survived weeks of non-refrigeration when hurricanes blew by over the years. I rated it at ASA 25 and it did okay, although the emulsion is a bit brittle, more so than usual as I remember. Negative was washed with Permawash and digitized with a Hasselblad Flexbody + 120/4 Cfi Macro and CFV-50c digital back. I was aiming for an old film lens look. Photo was made with a bit of tilt, a smidgeon of swing, and wide open.

Hope everyone is well!
Darr