The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

dave.gt

I see. I didn't know that it was Acros. I don't have a Baby anymore. Sold it when I couldn't get Ektachrome in 127 format anymore. The nice think with 127 chromes was that one could get frames for the that fitted in a 35mm slide projector.

I do miss that camera though. It's very much smaller than its bigger brothers and there's something about that square format, particularly for half body portraits.
Totally understand!

I have 100 rolls of expired Ektachrome and waiting anxiously for the new Ektachrome, both in 35 and hopefully, one day, 120...

I will get around to cutting the 120 down to 127 (46mm), roll my own and feeding it to the BR. A friend in the rangefinder forum is already doing that with Provia.:)

dave.gt

Jurgen,

I have almost 100 rolls of fresh 127 film either ready to shoot or waiting to be delivered from Ilford in four weeks (bulk film that will be re-spoiled). The Ilford ULF program is amazing!

It is cheap enough to buy a good Baby Rolleiflex and I develop my own black and white film. It is very satsfying, shooting, processing and scanning. I will most likely cut the 120 slide film down and roll a good bit of it this winter when the short days leave me bored anyway.:)

Why not give a BR another whirl? Life is short!:thumbup:

jdphoto

This is great! I think this bodes well for the film industry as a whole. Digital convenience is obvious, but the character of film is unmatched. I just had the Darkroom develop E6 slides. They develop, mount and scan copies so you can view them right away. Here's a link...

https://thedarkroom.com

chrism

Somewhere in the house, I'm not sure where or I'd scan it, I have a photo of my son aged four sitting on this boulder. He's 28 now, and the boulder is still just sitting there.

Boulder by chrism229, on Flickr

Shashin

Tsukiji Fish Market officially ended business today. When I was living in Tokyo in the 90s, I was fortunate to photograph the place over time.

A tuna auctioneer

A wholesaler slicing up a tuna from the morning auction. Maguro is the Japanese word for tuna.

By early afternoon, the place is deserted.

The images were taken with either a Mamiya C220 or Mamiya 6.

Godfrey

While I was away on my trip, the two Leica ELPRO close-up lenses (VIIa + VIIb) I had ordered from folks on Ebay arrived. I had to source adapter rings to make 48mm to VII and 55mm to VII mounts for my R lenses. Everything finally arrived so I put them to the test copying a pair of Polaroid snaps I made on my bicycle ride in the fog this morning:

both:
MiNT Polaroid SLR670a + Polaroid Originals 600 B&W
scanned with Leica CL + Elmarit-R 28mm + ELPRO VII b

Nice clean rendering across the entire frame with very little if any rectilinear distortion. Pretty neat since the pair of ELPROs and the attachment rings, etc, altogether cost me something like $70, complete.

enjoy!
G