The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

Yesterday I experimented with using an old Canon G9 in manual mode as a light meter - the LCD shows the exposure changes as you adjust shutter and aperture, and it makes a nearly idiot-proof way of ensuring there's no clipping. But it does feel like cheating, so it's back to the Sekonic today. 500c, 150/4 plus ext. tube, XP2, HC-110, X1 scan:

Oranges by chrism229, on Flickr

chrism

I do like the Sonnar 150/4!

Sunflower by chrism229, on Flickr

I see it's time for some new fixer - those stripes are a peculiarity of underfixing XP2 after HC-110 development. They happen if you use standard dilution fixer, so I make mine a bit more concentrated. 5 minutes for the first 20 films and 10 minutes for the final ten films. This was film #26 and had ten minutes but I guess I can refix it if I want. Oh, they are arranged vertically as this was done in a motorised Rondinax 60.

Godfrey

Lovely stuff, Chris!

I've acquired a near-MINT Leica R6.2 body and accessories to use with my R lenses in addition to the Leicaflex SL and Leica CL (digital) bodies. The price was ridiculously low, and I figured, "why not have the last mechanical Leica SLR in addition to (nearly) the first?"

So, after running a roll through it six times to test and check the body, its metering response, the function of the Motor Winder R and Motor Drive R4, etc etc, I've finally loaded a roll of fresh film to shoot. New film photos coming soon...! :D

BTW: It's a really nice body. Reminds me of a super nicely finished Nikon FM2n with two metering patterns and some sweet finishing touches...

G

dave.gt

Wow!

The last post here was almost two months ago! :bugeyes:

Tomorrow, I must find something of interest to post!

Godfrey

First roll through my "new" Leica R6.2 ... All working great, and a delight to shoot with. Here's one of the six photos I made that I like:

Click the photo to go to my Bicycle Cafe Sprinting 2018 album and see the others. :D

G

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
First roll through my "new" Leica R6.2 ... All working great, and a delight to shoot with. Here's one of the six photos I made that I like:

Click the photo to go to my Bicycle Cafe Sprinting 2018 album and see the others. :D

G
Outstanding, Godfrey :thumbs:

dave.gt

Tap, tap, tap.... drumming my fingers on the keyboard awaiting the first images from the new Ektachrome...

Anyone have some to share?!!!:thumbup:

I have two rolls bring delivered next week and will be shooting some expired Ektachrome this weekend.:)

Godfrey

New camera toy ... ordered a long while back, finally showed up.

MiNT InstaKon RF70-S + Fuji Instax Wide Color
Manual exposure : ISO 800 @ f/8 @ 0.5 sec @ 0.9m distance

Have I said that I love instant film? :D

G

Godfrey

The MiNT InstaKon RF70 proves to be a pretty nice camera. I'm one test roll into it now and having a good time learning it and how to get good results with it. Six of my ten first exposures are actually pretty nice photographs ... a darn good hit rate for any new camera ... and the first exposure from the pack of B&W Instax Wide film I think is remarkably good—and it's a flash exposure!

MiNT InstaKon RF70 + Fujifilm Instax Wide B&W
ISO 800 @ f/5.6 @ -- @ 1m focus

I'm satisfied that it will make a lot of fine photographs for me, and was worth the money. :D

enjoy,
G