The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

This new acquisition returned from the full service I had done today. I'm looking forward to making photographs with it! Had one of these many, many years ago ... It was my favorite fixed-lens MF camera excepting only the Hasselblad SWC:

Fujifilm GS645S Wide 60 Professional

It's a lovely piece of kit. Can't wait to put it to work now! I've fitted a B+W 49mm metal lens hood for wide angle lens, suitable for up to a FF 35mm FoV.

G

Godfrey

Graham, I like these last two photos of yours. But the colors are unusual, seem a trifle off the mark somehow. Was that how your eye saw the scene?

G

ggibson

Graham, I like these last two photos of yours. But the colors are unusual, seem a trifle off the mark somehow. Was that how your eye saw the scene?

G
Thanks, Godfrey. I think you're right, the colors are a bit off. A combination of my first time shooting and processing slide film, poor exposure, and Velvia colors. I tried another take at them and replaced the old ones.

Pasture in the hills by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Path by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

And another:

Morning walk by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

chrism

Long time no see. It has been a very interesting winter - an adventure with a stray cat led to huge lymph nodes which looked like a relapse of the CLL, but which, I was certain, were bartonellosis ("cat scratch fever"). They have become much less tender and quite a bit smaller after the appropriate antibiotics, so I may yet chisel away at a few more of the films in my freezer. Let's celebrate with some still life/still alive flowers (500cm, Distagon 4/50, XP2 Super @ISO100, HC-110, X1 scans, cropped for printing):

Coleus by chrism229, on Flickr

Strelitzia by chrism229, on Flickr

Last edited:

camping

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear about your cat fever. As the old saying goes never interfere with nature.
All the best. Paul

ps Google "Tawrell" regarding nature,

Godfrey

Thanks, Godfrey. I think you're right, the colors are a bit off. A combination of my first time shooting and processing slide film, poor exposure, and Velvia colors. I tried another take at them and replaced the old ones.
And another:
Graham Gibson
Nice improvement!
Yes, transparency film is always a bit more finicky to get right, in my experience. I stopped shooting it so many years ago now...!

G

status: First film is loaded in the GS645S. I made a few exposures yesterday, might yet finish the roll today. Can't wait to see what they look like! It's such a pleasure shooting with this great old camera! So easy to work with! :)

ggibson

I also took some shots at night on this roll of Velvia. I tried to be careful of blowing highlights with this entire roll, even bracketing a few shots, but still ended up underexposed most of the time. This film is expired, so maybe I should be considering it a stop slower.

"Scanning" these darker shots also proved quite tricky with my usual setup, because I was getting a reflection of the camera & lens on the film. I had to do my best to black out all light around the film and shoot with my 180mm lens so that the camera was farther away.

Campanile, Sather Tower, at night by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

dave.gt

Long time no see. It has been a very interesting winter - an adventure with a stray cat led to huge lymph nodes which looked like a relapse of the CLL, but which, I was certain, were bartonellosis ("cat scratch fever"). They have become much less tender and quite a bit smaller after the appropriate antibiotics, so I may yet chisel away at a few more of the films in my freezer. Let's celebrate with some still life/still alive flowers (500cm, Distagon 4/50, XP2 Super @ISO100, HC-110, X1 scans, cropped for printing):

Coleus by chrism229, on Flickr

Strelitzia by chrism229, on Flickr
Hi, Chris,

Glad to see you back! I have been wondering about you and hope the CLL stays far away. Celebrate indeed!!!!:):):)

KeithDM

Cracking images there Chris! Best wishes for a rapid & complete recovery from your ailments.

Godfrey

First test roll out of the Fuji GS645S Wide 60 Professional, drying:

Wheee!

Processed with the Rondinax 60. Looks like one frame was skunked by poor loading (frame #2 at the bottom of the hanging roll; my fault) but everything else looks great.
All dry now: I'll set up and scan it a bit later, perhaps after dinner.

G

Godfrey

From the Fuji GS645S Wide 60 Professional first test roll. Captured to digital with the Film Lab app on an iPhone 8 Plus.

First time I'd used the Film Lab app. It's a bit funky but it does a decent job and is very quick. :)

I'll do finish captures with the Leica CL copy setup when I have a little more time.

enjoy!
G