The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

JoelM

Here's a few test shots out of a newly acquired Bronica SQA. I used the 40mm PS, 65mm PS, and 150mm PS with 18mm extension. Shot on Velvia.

Joel

_DSC3393.jpg

_DSC3394.jpg

_DSC3391.jpg

JoelM

Hoh rainforest early 1990s. I think I was using a Plaubel Proshift at the time. Provia 100.

Joel

Rainforest_01.jpg

Rainforest_02.jpg

arri

Here´s a sample of a Jason Lane Dry Plate, format is 9x12cm. This glass plates are coated by hand and only sensitive to blue and deep blue light (UV)
For this an old style lens with no coatings and no cemented elements are the best choice because this kind of lenses let pass the UV light, modern lenses blocking it.
I used a Hugo Meyer Trioplan 135mm f/4.5 Made in the mid 1920th
Developed in Adox FX-39 II
Exposure time were around 5 minutes, that´s why some parts in the picture are blurred, only the very old willow don´t moves.

48139814227_874a9e564a_c.jpg

arri

Here another sample I made with my Wista 45D.
I used the Fomapan 100 in 4x5 inch sheet.
I used a Rodenstock Bistigmat 9x12 (150mm F/15)
A two element lens, made in the 19th century
It has focus shift, is not colour corrected, it has anastigmatism, coma and all other optical foults, only the distortion ist corrected
Brass barrel with red shellac and a aperture revolver.
I used a yellow filter to reduce the transmitted colour band and f/45.
You see, it is possible to take pictures with a lens older than 120 years.

arri

Here I used a 1949 made Carl Zeiss Jena T Apo Tessar 140mm f/9
I machined the lens cells to mount them into a Prontor Press shutter.
A very pretty small and light weight lens and with a large image circle, more than the other process lenses I know.
It has a very good sharpness and a high brilliance.
Again my Wista 45d with Fomapan 100 sheet film 4x5inch, developed in Amaloco AM74
Negative scan with Epson V700 @2400 DPI

arri

I shot this sample with a Schneider Componon 105mm f/5.6 enlarging lens.
The image circle of it is large enough to cover the whole 4x5 inch film sheet.
The cheapest wide angle you can get for 4x5"
I used a Fomapan 100 and my wista 45D
f/22 t/1sec.
Developed in Amaloco AM74