The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

arri

Something different, a cyanotye copy of 4x5 inch negative, size is ~8x10inch.
Self coated Hanemuehle aquarell paper.
Original negative were taken with a Wista 45D and a Schneider Repro Claron 9/210mm on Fomapan 200

Godfrey

Voigtländer Perkeo II + Ilford XP2 Super
ISO 320 @ f/8 @ 1/100
Processing Lab-Box
HC-110 1:49 dilution, continuous agitation, 10 min

This young man was playing music in the parking lot of the shopping center as I arrived at the bicycle shop the other day. The music was haunting and beautiful, I stood entranced by his playing for several minutes and fished a few dollars out of my wallet. Several other folks as I stood there walked up, thanked him, and put money into the jar he had at his feet. On the jar was a photo of him with his young wife and child, with a very small note that said, "Thank you for helping. We lost our home in a fire."

As I walked up to put my money into his jar, one of the shop clerks across the way strode out and upbraided him for "... annoying people with that music! I'm not saying the music is bad, but not everyone is going to like it. You're going to cost me business!" He was being quite the butthole. The young man said, "I'm sorry, I meant no harm." A half dozen people on the sidewalk shouted, "Leave him alone!" It was horrible.

After the idiot clerk retreated back into the store, I walked up to young man and thanked him for his music, "You play beautifully, your music is wonderful. All these people love it. Don't let the fools get you down." He had a tear in his eye and gave me this quiet little smile and the peace sign. I asked if he minded I take a photo, and he nodded. I crossed the street to go into a store ... when I looked back, he'd left.

A few minutes later, in the store that the clerk came out of, I saw the clerk standing there talking to his colleagues (and presumably he was their manager). "You just have to put a stop to such people, they ruin the business if you let them have their way..."

I walked up to the group and addressed him. "Sir, I have a complaint."

"About what?" he said in his best smarmy manager voice.

"About the awful music you play in this store. It sounds like I'm standing in an smelly elevator. There was some beautiful music as I approached the store, I thought it was coming from the speakers in here—it's why I came in here!—but I guess not," I said back.

I turned with my purchase and left. I saw his colleagues snickering as I walked away: he stood there open-mouthed and looking foolish.

The photo was almost ruined because I hadn't rolled the film far enough into the camera when I loaded it ... the Perkeo does not have an index mark for the start point on the 120 roll. I lost about a quarter of the frame. Luckily there was enough left to make this photograph from the frame.

Enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Riding and jogging: On Guadalupe River Trail passing under I-880 highway.

Voigtländer Perkeo II + Ilford XP2 Super
ISO 320 @ f/8 @ 1/50
Process: Lab-Box
HC-110 1:49, 10 min

Enjoy! G

Godfrey

Guadalupe River Trail follows the Guadalupe River right down through ... and under! ... San Jose. I love this view of the trail turning on its ledge next to the river as it passes under Highway 237 and also under a surface street overpass (San Fernando Avenue).

Voigtländer Perkeo II + XP2 Super
ISO 320 @ f/5.6 @ 1/50

When the river is high, it can lap right at the edge of the paved trail...

Enjoy! G

KeithDM

For the first time since January I took my Hasselblad 500C & 80mm Planar out for some fresh air yesterday. Loaded a roll of Fomapan 100 (having run out of Acros 100!) and made a quick trip to two nearby but different locations.

CanalsideCafes.jpg

HayBalesFomapan1.jpg

KeithDM

From last week's roll of Fomapan 100, dev'd in 1:50 Rodinal for 9m 30secs (Hasselblad 500C, 80mm Planar). I rather like the tonal gradation the Fomapan/Rodinal combination gives.

CurvedSeatFomapan1.jpg

H&WBuildingV2.jpg

Godfrey

A few photos made with the Voigtländer Perkeo II, the second roll that I processed in the Lab-Box using HC-110 (1:49, 8 minutes @ room temperature):

Nearly all were guesstimated exposure, f/11 @ 1/100 or similar for the outdoor shots.

enjoy!
G

KeithDM

Two from a brief stroll around town yesterday afternoon. H500C, 80mm Planar + Y/G filter, Tri-X, Rodinal.

Godfrey

Lovely work with the Hasselblad, Keith! :)

My experiment ... um, mission ... to document the 10 day trip I'm on with only a Polaroid SX-70 (and an iPhone) is going very well. The camera has functioned perfectly, as has the film. I carried three packs of B&W film and one pack of color ... 32 exposures. I leave for home tomorrow: I have two exposures left. :D

G

KeithDM

Lovely work with the Hasselblad, Keith! :)

My experiment ... um, mission ... to document the 10 day trip I'm on with only a Polaroid SX-70 (and an iPhone) is going very well. The camera has functioned perfectly, as has the film. I carried three packs of B&W film and one pack of color ... 32 exposures. I leave for home tomorrow: I have two exposures left. :D

G
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your SX-70 results!

darr

6x17 Shen Hao Pano Magazine Images

Linhof MT 3000 + Nikkor 90/4.5 + Shen Hao 6x17 Pano Magazine + Delta 100 + Pyrocat HD

Linhof MT 3000 + Nikkor 150/5.6 + Shen Hao 6x17 Pano Magazine + Delta 100 + Pyrocat HD

Linhof MT 3000 + Nikkor 210/5.6 + Shen Hao 6x17 Pano Magazine + Delta 100 + Pyrocat HD

--

These are initial test shots made after acquiring a Shen Hao 6x17 Pano Magazine (SHPM).
They were done in early morning light with a looming storm (not a lot of time).
I will be shooting some color work in the near future and will share it here.

A review of my experiences with the 6x17 SHPM will be posted on my website after I become comfortable using it.
If anyone has any tips regarding operation of the SHPM, please do share.

Kind regards,
Darr

KeithDM

Re: 6x17 Shen Hao Pano Magazine Images

--

These are initial test shots made after acquiring a Shen Hao 6x17 Pano Magazine (SHPM).
They were done in early morning light with a looming storm (not a lot of time).
I will be shooting some color work in the near future and will share it here.

A review of my experiences with the 6x17 SHPM will be posted on my website after I become comfortable using it.
If anyone has any tips regarding operation of the SHPM, please do share.

Kind regards,
Darr
Excellent results - I particularly like the centre image.

MartinN

A really grainy film, Kodak Vericolor II, expired 1994 and exposed now.
Camera Mamiya 645AF, 80mm lens, scanned with Plustek Opticfilm 120 and Silverfast 8.
I would have preferred VueScan but interframe spacing is only adjustable in Silverfast.

MartinN

Agfa RSXII 50, expired 2006, Mamiya 645AF, 80mm, Silverfast 8.
This is really luxury in fine grain compared to the previous colneg.

scho

Few shots with the Leica CL 40/2 Ilford FP4+ developed in Df96 monobath. Going out of business sale at a local nursery/farm.