The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

gnuyork

Can't remember if I posted these in this thread... apologies if I have already:

A regatta from a couple years ago in Tennessee, there was a fog delay so I grabbed my Rolleiflex and snapped some photos. Film was very expired TMAX (400 I think) and developed in Xtol.

Later on that afternoon we won the gold medal in a mixed 4.

Last edited:

scho

The old boathouse in Stewart Park, Ithaca, NY. Pentax 645 NII, FA 45/2.8, Ilford FP4 Plus, Df96 8 min in Lab Box.

Godfrey

Very hard not to like all the photos in this thread! :)

I discovered an iOS app for light metering that I hadn't seen before, and like a lot: LightMeterW. Ultra simple and easy to use, minimal features, and it works with an incident dome as well as reflected readings. I'm spending some time calibrating it against my most difficult manual metering camera, the Polaroid SLR670m ... The current SX-70 (ISO 160) film from Polaroid Originals is very short on latitude and the manual exposure settings are 1 stop increments (shutter speed only). It's very tricky to get just the right exposure for this stuff; this app is making it a bit easier.

LightMeterW is the first metering app I've found that is actually easier to use than my Sekonic L-358, and darn near as accurate. :D

The app is by David Quiles, who also did the very nice, full-featured My Light Meter Pro and f/Tools apps.

G

scho

I've been re-scanning my old B&W negs to make another archive for our children. This is a shot of our two lefties taken about 45 years ago with a Rolleiflex.

darr

I've been re-scanning my old B&W negs to make another archive for our children. This is a shot of our two lefties taken about 45 years ago with a Rolleiflex.

Wonderful photo and memory Carl!

I too was born a lefty but after a childhood move from the US west coast to the east coast, the new school system forced me to relearn how to write with my right-hand! 😡
Of course in due time educators, etc. finally figured-out it did more harm than good and stopped forcing the switch.
I write right-handed with a left slant (people think I write left-handed), but most everything else I do left-handed.

Celebrate our uniqueness is what my left-handed granny use to say!

Kind regards,
Darr

Godfrey

Sitting in the living room last night and looking at my bike ...

Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT, Polaroid Originals 600 B&W
Manual exposure timed at 3.5 seconds

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Your son, Graham? I was just listening to an old album by Laurie Anderson and I see this wonderful photograph...

"O Superman" by Laurie Anderson

O Superman. O judge. O Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad.
O Superman. O judge. O Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad.
Hi. I'm not home right now. But if you want to leave a
message, just start talking at the sound of the tone.
Hello? This is your Mother. Are you there? Are you coming home?
Hello? Is anybody home? Well, you don't know me,
but I know you.
And I've got a message to give to you.
Here come the planes.
So you better get ready. Ready to go.
You can come as you are, but pay as you go. Pay as you go.
And I said: OK. Who is this really? And the voice said:
This is the hand, the hand that takes. This is the
hand, the hand that takes.
This is the hand, the hand that takes.
Here come the planes.
They're American planes. Made in America.
Smoking or non-smoking?
And the voice said: Neither snow nor rain nor gloom
of night shall stay these couriers from the swift
completion of their appointed rounds.
'Cause when love is gone, there's always justice.
And when justive is gone, there's always force.
And when force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!
So hold me, Mom, in your long arms. So hold me,
Mom, in your long arms.
In your automatic arms. Your electronic arms.
In your arms.
So hold me, Mom, in your long arms.
Your petrochemical arms. Your military arms.
In your electronic arms.

Great photo. It brought up a lot of emotions and memories of my childhood with my brothers. :D

G