The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

Well, that roll is processed and ready to scan, along with the ancient roll that was half shot in the EC when I pulled them out of the drawer. :)

But ... In the meantime, there's been more activity. :D

---
I signed up to obtain a first issue of the new Analog Forever magazine a few months ago. A week or three ago, I received an invite to a San Francisco photo walk in honor of their launch. Yesterday was the day...

Getting ready to go, I thought about what camera to take along. The Hasselblad 500CM came to mind, but I recently had my Minox C and EC cameras out and I thought, "Hmm. I wonder if folks would like to see some Minox cameras. I'm sure there'll be other Hasselblads..." So I loaded a roll of Minopan (Agfa APX) 25 into the Minox C and a roll of Minopan 100 into the Minox EC. Carrying two Minox cameras with their flash unit as well as the Minox tripod (just in case) leaves my bag delightfully light and empty, to the point where I then thought, "Oh stuff it: I'll carry the Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT and two packs of 600 Color as well." That way we could share some photos at the end-walk meetup point at SF Camerawork.

:D

I took CalTrain up from San Jose to avoid having to deal with parking and traffic, and bussed up to the start point. Meet up was at Glass Key Photo on Sutter near Van Ness Avenue. I arrived as folks were beginning to show up and walked in. Oh my! I haven't seen a photo shop with a wall of printing papers and a set of refrigerators full of film behind the counter in quite a long time!

People arrived with a delightful array of interesting cameras. Lots of instant film, new and old, 35mm RFs, 35mm SLRs, and MF SLRs/TLRs/RFs. A couple folks with 8mm and Super 8 movie cameras. Everyone was in a festive mood and happy to chat about their gear, their photography, etc, and there was a good mix of men and women as well. A few folks I knew from other events and places were there, notably my friends from Modern Book Gallery days Niniane and Danny. (Danny still works for Modern Book in their latest efforts and Niniane now works for Analog Forever.)

The walk commenced with the usual hubbub of getting a group shot. About a hundred people had assembled... quite a daunting group to photograph in the narrow confines of the sidewalk outside the shop. After that we loosely meandered along in a spread out bunch of groups, first up to Bush Street and then down Bush to the Leica Store near the top of Grant Avenue and the Dragon Gate, people snapping photos as we went. Then the walk headed down to Market Street, and back towards Van Ness until we arrived at SF Camerawork.

The conversation along the way was fun and engaging. People photographed each other, other people, sights along the way, etc etc. I shot one pack of my Polaroid Originals film, finished the roll in the Minox EC, and did about half the roll in the Minox C. Another guy with a 100 series Polaroid made a portrait of me, which he handed to me to hold until it was dry ... I lost track of him and still have it!

I took one of him too:

At SF Camerawork, a number of the instant film users (myself included) laid their photos out on the table for everyone to see. This was my set:

I left a little early because I needed to catch the bus and train back home. On the way out, I asked one of the guys from Glass Key Photo if they carried Minox film, and it seems that they do if he recollects correctly. I did a few more snaps with the Minox C on the way home. There are now about 15 exposures to go in that camera.

All in all, a very fun day of it. I look forward to my first issue of Analog Forever!
The roll that I finished in the Minox EC is now processed and will be ready to scan as soon as it is dry...

G

Godfrey

I've now scanned the Minox EC roll. While I made a few mistakes, most frequent of which is fitting the flash and forgetting to switch it from AUTO to Flash mode, there are some amuzing ... and some interesting! ... photos there. Guess that's what comes of not touching a camera for almost a decade. :D

Have to blast through the C roll in the next couple of days and get that one processed and scanned too.

G

Godfrey

The evening before the SF photo walk this past weekend, I had the Minox EC with me when I met up with some friends for a drink at the local club. I took a couple of photos there … One, using the flash, of some friends appeals to me despite that it shows my usual error in making it…

Minox EC + Minox Flash
Minopan 100 (Agfa APX100) in HC-110 @ 1:49, 76°F for 7 minutes

I'd forgotten to switch the EC from autoexposure mode to flash mode, so it was trying to capture a long exposure while the flash went off and froze the primary subject. I kind of like the point light tracery overlaid on the frame, though, so eh? So much for intent! :)

More Minox soon.

enjoy!
G

No matter where you go, you can always have a Minox with you.

Godfrey

Here's a Minox EC photo from the walk ... actually, on the way to the meet up point:

Minox EC
Minopan 100 (Agfa APX100 film)
Processed HC-110 1:49 @ 76°F for 7 minutes

enjoy!
G

arri

Voigtlander Bessa RF; 1937; uncoated Skopar 3.5/105mm @f/4; AGFA APX 100 expired jan.2009; Wehner Developer

Godfrey

I've now posted all the photos I made with the Minox EC on the photo walk that I think are interesting. This is about my favorite of this bunch:

The rest can be seen in an album on Flickr.com: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJhuGj7

There are still photos to be processed ... I'm almost done with the roll of film in the Minox C and will likely process it in the next couple of days. :)

enjoy! G

KeithDM

Changed my venerable (1969) Hasselblad 500C for a rather more modern (1992) 503CX with Planar 80mm CF T* and Acute Matt D screen a few days ago. Two shots from a roll of Tri-X taken in Avebury village in Wiltshire. Dev'd in Ilfosol 3 1+9.

Godfrey

Gosh, it's been years since I was there, but I've had a pint and eaten in the Red Lion at Avebury several times! Thanks for reminding me ... Avebury at one time was a favorite stop on my then-regular travels to the UK.

G

KeithDM

Reference #4873 & #4877, earlier that morning I had put a roll of Fomapan 100 through the H503CX during a walk along the Ridgeway in Wiltshire.

The Way Ahead

Inside a beech hangar.

Godfrey

Out for a bicycle ride last Thursday and looking for holiday themed snappies with the Polaroid, I spied these guys by the side of the road in someone's front yard and couldn't resist...

Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT

Bring on the holidays! We have dragons to help us out... :dragons

enjoy!

G

KeithDM

Last winter we actually had a snowy/icy spell of weather - so made an outing with my Fuji GW690II. First is on Portra 400, the second Ektar100.

Could do without a repeat this winter!