The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

KeithDM

Went for a bit of a stroll around a (new to me) local(ish) country park on Wed morning. The weather forecast for the morning was for it to be dry (true) with sunshine (which never arrived). But that is a whole lot better than for the next few days - very wet and windy. Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained...
H503CX, Planar 80mm + yellow filter, Fomapan 100, Ilfosol 3.

Lake View

At the water's edge

A 'nothing shot'. What caught my eye was the tonal and textural contrasts in this tangled jumble.

pegelli

I'm very slowly working on a project to document the remains of the pre-WW1 fortifications around Antwerp on B&W film. I'm probably less than 5% done, but it gives me a fun challenge to use film in a way that has some purpose to keep me going.

For daylight I mainly use my Leica M2 (with 35, 50 and 90 mm lenses) and inside with a Minolta 505si (with 20, 24 and 35 mm lenses). I've now pretty much standarised on FP4 for outside and either pushed HP5 (to iso 1600) or Delta 3200 for inside.

Here's an early result with the 505si, a Minolta 35/2 and delta 3200 in Fort Ertbrand

KeithDM

Two more from a recent a roll of Fomapan 100 put through my H503CX during a walk along the Ridgeway in Wiltshire. Planar 80mm f2.8 CF T*, Ilfosol 3 1+9.

KeithDM

Lacock Abbey (home to William Fox Talbot) in January sunshine. Same camera/lens/film combo as Graham. :)

Ancient beams in Lacock village. As above.

KeithDM

Nice stuff with the old fashioned film, Keith. The first of these looks a bit light.
Thanks. Taken in very bright January mid-morning sunshine (crystal clear sky for once), so yes it was a very bright scene indeed and that is what I tried to reflect (pun intended!). The sun was directly behind me. No pixels were harmed in the production of this image. :)

ggibson

More shots in the park with the 80/2.8:

Redwoods by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

Redwood Regional Park Trail by Graham Gibson, on Flickr

I picked up a beat up Hasselblad 120/4 recently and a 32mm extension tube. Main issue with the lens is a missing EV lock on the barrel but optics look nice though from testing on my A7rII with shift adapters. It was only $200, so I figured I'd give it a whirl and compare shooting to my 150/4. I actually used the 120 Makro to scan these Tri-X shots. With the extension tube it goes to 1:2, so I can completely fill the frame with the 6x6 film, compared to my 55/1.8+close-up lens setup.

Godfrey

Out for a bicycle ride today.. I carried the Polaroid since I had a couple of exposures left in it from the trip film. I stopped in Japan Town and set it up on a small tripod to catch this photo of myself.

At the Zen Buddhist Temple
Japan Town, San Jose 2020

Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT

enjoy!
G