The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

I picked this photo at random from my archive to show someone the color mask removal I used when using digital camera capture of 35mm color negatives. But when I started looking at it, I liked the scene enough that I decided to render it to a finish print.

I can't for the life of me remember what camera or lens it was, it was Kodacolor 200 (my standard print film back then). Anyway, for what it's worth ...

Unknown camera & Kodacolor 200 film
Capture: Leica CL + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8

It's fun to find something like this in a forgotten 37 year old negative strip..!

G

Godfrey

I stuffed the MiNT InstaKon RF70 into my bag with a fresh load of Fuji Instax Wide B&W film in it and went for a bicycle ride yesterday. I only made one photo on my bicycle ride, but after I returned home and dressed to go to the club for a drink with some friends, I carried it again and shot the remaining nine frames on the bus and while walking about downtown. I like five of them.

Photos About Town - San Jose 2020

Most of them I guessed focus on. Two of these I guessed and set manual exposure too. I have to spend more time with the flash unit to understand what to expect from it... :D

enjoy! G

arri

Samples made with this lens are not easy to find. The lens is very rare, it were extrem expensive and the most of it are now in collectors hands which never using a lens, really sad.
The lens I write about is the Voigtlander Super Dynarex 5.6/350mm and I used it with a Bessamatic M, Adox Silvermax 100 film and Silvermax developer.
I used f/5.6

Godfrey

I took an isolation ride on my bicycle for exercise today. Strange to be riding and see so few people around, so little traffic.

I had the Polaroid SLR670x with me. As I passed Levi's Stadium, I stopped to snap a couple of photos of my new bicycle with the stadium as backdrop.

Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT
Polaroid Originals 600 B&W
ISO 600 @ f/8 @ 1/250, Yellow filter

Stay safe, stay healthy, keep your spirits up!

enjoy! G

arri

Yesterday I shot an Adox Silvermax 100 with my Voigtlander Bessamatic Deluxe. I used different lenses; Voigtlander Color Skopar 2.8/50mm, Dynarex 4.8/100mm, Super Dynarex 4/135mm, Schneider Curtagon 4/24mm and a Rodenstock Rotelar 4/85mm
Negative scans with the Epson V700.
This DKL mount lenses are very valueable and useful, I used every lens of this mount and I don´t find one with a bad quality, a lot of it are very cheap. The Color Skopar f.ex. is the best Tessar type lens you can find, it costs $10 or less, it is nearly apochromatic corrected. Computed by A.W. Tronnier like the other DKL lenses from Voigtlander as well.
Take care of you! :thumbs:

Here a sample shot with the Dynarex 4.8/100mm, I used f/4.8

Here one taken with the Rodenstock Rotelar 4/85 f/4

Voigtlander Super Dynarex 4/135mm with Portrait attachment lens f/4

Schneider Kreuznach Curtagon 4/28mm f/4

Voigtlander Color Skopar X 2.8/50mm f/4.8

JoelM

Sorting some old stuff and thinning it out I came across this shot of my Niece. This was c. 1985 and shot on Ektachrome with Nikon, likely F2AS or F3HP and 105 f1.4 or 135 f2. She grabbed my glasses and my to be father-in-law plopped his hat on her (he's from New Mexico and a farmer) and this impromptu portrait emerged. Most scans from slides I do at 2000dpi, but the grain and exposure allowed for this 4000dpi scan.

Joel

Amy.jpg

JoelM

The first one, in the corner of the garden box, has a sunflower suet feeder. That didn't last long as you can see. The squirrels took over and a new suet solution was needed. Anyway, this is Ektachrome via F3HP and scanned at 2000dpi on my Coolscan 5000.

The second one is of the Blue Angels over Lake Washington with Mt. Rainier in the background. This was shot with Contax RTSIII and 100-300 Zeiss zoom, awesome combination in those days. Also Ektachrome and scanned at 2000dpi on my Coolscan 5000. Shot c.1990/91.

Backyard.jpg

BlueAngels.jpg

Godfrey

I like the feel of spaces and shapes in this photo I made last November-December:

"370" - San Francisco 2020 (made in Dec 2019
Minox 35GT-D, Ilford Delta 400
Nikon Coolscan V ED

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Same roll of film, a weekend walk through the Sunday Mountain View Farmer's Market ...

Tomatoes - Mountain View 2019
Minox 35GT-E + Ilford Delta 400

enjoy! G

Godfrey

On my isolation walk yesterday, 20APR2020 ...

Sign – Santa Clara 2020

House, Tree, Fence, Shrub – Santa Clara 2020

Tree & Fence – Santa Clara 2020

All with: Polaroid SLR670a + Polaroid Originals 600 Color

Shooting with a Polaroid SX-70 is so totally different from shooting with almost anything else! :D

enjoy! G

Godfrey

From yesterday's isolation ride...

Meditation – San Jose, Japan Town 2020
Polaroid SLR670a by MiNT + Polaroid Originals 600 Color

The lighting was very difficult, very wide dynamic range for instant film. So I had a little fun in the rendering. :)

G

Godfrey

I took my 'isolation exercise' ride early yesterday because a few friends were going to meet up for an early lunch and chat at a Weinerschnitzel in San Jose. I pulled out the MiNT InstaKon RF-70 because I hadn't used it in a bit, loaded it with some fresh film after checking the batteries (still had plenty of charge!), and set off on my bicycle.

Dale

Godfrey

Glenn

Annie

Aside from making a half a dozen dumb mistakes* (... because I haven't used the camera for a bit, sigh, and it's so different to use compared to the SX-70 ...), I am pleased with the photos. The Fuji Instax Wide film produces very nice quality, as expected. (I set up the camera and handed it to Dale to snap the photo of me... :))

* The mistakes came down to a simple thing: The RF-70 is manual aperture control and has a minimum exposure time of 1/500 sec; the Instax film is ISO 800. I kept over-exposing, because I was set to f/8 ... ISO 800 @ f/8 really needs something like 1/1600 second for this kind of sunlit scene. The SX-70 film is ISO 160, the 600 film is ISO 640, and the SX-70 or SLR670 variants can get to shorter exposure times and adjust the aperture smaller automatically (when on auto mode); my other (digital) cameras all have 1/2000-1/8000 second capability so I rarely run into over-exposure this way and just forgot.

Dumb on my part. Once I realized the problem, I just stopped down to f/16 and the RF70 did great. Such it is... :D

Enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Memorial Corner - Japan Town, San Jose 2020
SuperSense 6/66 Instant Pinhole Camera
Polaroid Originals SX-70 B&W

I pulled out the Instant Pinhole camera for a bit of shooting/testing today and am delighted to say that the improvements in available SX-70 and 600 series film now make it a quite usable camera.

enjoy! G