The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB:Mamiya 7II rangefinder

woodyspedden

Doc

I withdrew my Mamiya 7II after shooting a couple of rolls of TMax last week. I hadn't used it for over a year and felt that I was wasting money and a wonderful camera as a result. Now, after shooting those couple of rolls, I wonder out loud as to why it sat on the shelf for so long.

Sad truth is that I have too many cameras (Nikon, Leica, Hasselblad, Mamiya). I need to really pare down so I can concentrate on image making instead of constantly re-learning how to shoot with this or that one.

woody

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Doc

I withdrew my Mamiya 7II after shooting a couple of rolls of TMax last week. I hadn't used it for over a year and felt that I was wasting money and a wonderful camera as a result. Now, after shooting those couple of rolls, I wonder out loud as to why it sat on the shelf for so long.

Sad truth is that I have too many cameras (Nikon, Leica, Hasselblad, Mamiya). I need to really pare down so I can concentrate on image making instead of constantly re-learning how to shoot with this or that one.

woody
Woody,

I am glad that you reconsidered. It is such an unassuming camera...no view to see through the lens and all of a sudden you see the chromes or the negatives and are stunned by the quality of the capture. The viewfinder gives you no indication of how good the capture can be. Large negative and beautiful glass in such a small package.

When you get some scanned post a few from your TMax...would love to see them.

Bob

helenhill

BRADMILL

I saw on RFF Classifieds /Jan 10
Mamiya 7 II w/ 80 mm 1.4 for $1350.00
"Excellent Shape /Works Flawlessly" posted by Steven Hicks
which seems like a VERY GOOD deal

best of Luck- Helen

gero

what I mean is that what would be the most portable, eassy, and "small" one lens wa to normal, scuare, large frame?

like a plaubel67.