The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Scanner settings for scanning MF film (120) for Epson V750?

haring

This is a film photography related question.

What is your Epson V750 scanner settings for scanning MF film (120 and 220)? I would like to scan film MF film.

Thanks so much!

MartinN

I suppose you use Silverfast 8 or 6. First select scan dimensions with Image - Scan dimensions. Then Select Image - Image Type (Positive /Negative) and after that Image - Color Depth. I would select 48bit - 24bit for color and 16bit - 8bit for B&W. Then I would choose file type TIFF for higest quality or JPEG at 95% Quality for convenient file size. The Scan resolution I have opted for is 3200dpi which is about as much information as one gets from V750.

Hope this helps for trying Silverfast out.

Martin

Edit:: You can use 48bit output for color and 16bit for grayscale if ultimate quality is required and filesize
is not an issue.

Last edited:

MartinN

With Silverfast I would not use AACO, MultiExposure or Multisampling. iSRD can be nice with color film (dust & scratch removal) but it does not work on conventional B&W film. If you like you can use GANE or USM but I would do that in Photoshop. NegaFix is absolutely required for color negatives- you have to play around. Job Manager and Batch Scanning is worth to learn.

All in all one has to learn the different image manipulation options in Silverfast - Histogram - Curves - NegaFix - Pipettes in addition to the basic settings I recommended in my previous post.

Martin