Site Sponsors

Thread: Noblex 6/150 E2

Post Thanks / Like

Noblex 6/150 E2

Just scored a deal on a Noblex panoramic camera, but the catch is that it's a fixer-upper with multiple electronic problems.

Top cover comes off easily enough. Top and bottom covers and camera back are plastic, but the chassis is a very stout metal casting.

Circuitry consists of off-the-shelf components and looks to be a MOSFET motor controller with 555 timer chip. I don't have the know-how or schematic to troubleshoot it more systematically, but I can simply replace all of the semiconductors if need be. I've got it semi-working now with the lens spinning as it should, but the speed is always the same, so there's more work to be done.

Last edited by 4season; 27th December 2014 at 19:23.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblex 6/150 E2

You are a brave soul! Good luck with the repairs...

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you get it working, that camera can be pretty awesome when used correctly!

Post Thanks / Like

Just in time for a little New Year's Day shooting, I got the camera working again!

Repairs performed:

Cleaned battery leakage residue
    Rebuilt + reinforced shutter speed control
    Replaced 1 electrolytic capacitor, 2 MOSFETs and an integrated circuit

The lens rotation seems silky-smooth, but I'll know for sure by this weekend when I get my negatives back.

Difficulty-wise, I worked for my discount, mostly trying to figure out how the circuit worked, and gathering data sheets for all of the semiconductors (important, as some are obsolete, and I needed technical information in order to select suitable replacements). I actually spent more time chasing down data sheets (hours) than replacing the parts (~30 minutes)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Here's one from flickr that I think really shows the potential of this camera...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3831/...f0a6d66e_o.jpg