The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noblex 6/150 E2

4season

Just scored a deal on a Noblex panoramic camera, but the catch is that it's a fixer-upper with multiple electronic problems.

Top cover comes off easily enough. Top and bottom covers and camera back are plastic, but the chassis is a very stout metal casting.

Circuitry consists of off-the-shelf components and looks to be a MOSFET motor controller with 555 timer chip. I don't have the know-how or schematic to troubleshoot it more systematically, but I can simply replace all of the semiconductors if need be. I've got it semi-working now with the lens spinning as it should, but the speed is always the same, so there's more work to be done.

Last edited:

4season

Just in time for a little New Year's Day shooting, I got the camera working again!

Repairs performed:

Cleaned battery leakage residue
Rebuilt + reinforced shutter speed control
Replaced 1 electrolytic capacitor, 2 MOSFETs and an integrated circuit

The lens rotation seems silky-smooth, but I'll know for sure by this weekend when I get my negatives back.

Difficulty-wise, I worked for my discount, mostly trying to figure out how the circuit worked, and gathering data sheets for all of the semiconductors (important, as some are obsolete, and I needed technical information in order to select suitable replacements). I actually spent more time chasing down data sheets (hours) than replacing the parts (~30 minutes)