The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

El Capitan and scanners

chrism

Anyone nervous about upgrading to 10.11 might like to know that:

1. Flexcolor and a Flextight X1 scanner work just as normal, with an Apple FW400 to FW800 cable plugged into a FW to Thunderbolt adaptor.
2. Vuescan (which seems to have an update every time I open it; not sure if any are specific to El Capitan) continues to work fine with a Nikon 9000 and a Konica Minolta 5400 II. The Nikon uses a FW400 cable plugged into a FW400 to FW800 adaptor, itself plugged into a FW to Thunderbolt adaptor, and the KM5400 is a simple USB connection.
3. The Epson V850 did require a new software download from Epson, and it initially wouldn't open. It showed a dialog saying my scanner was linked to Image Capture (it never has been) and did I want to use it with TWAIN? The trick is to say yes to this - I had clicked on No the first few times thinking TWAIN was a plug-in for use with PS and the like. Well, Epson Scan must use it too. After saying Yes I have had no problems. Vuescan can also see and control the V850.

Chris