The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Fm2 Half frame

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
Anyone else has three of these? :grin::cool:
I loved my FM2 when I had it as it was my first real "professional" grade 35mm sir before I stepped into the F2HP and F3HP ranks. Once I went there, I knew there was no turning back.

Great picture and those look like they just came off the assembly line. Beautiful classic look.

henryp

Anyone else has three of these? :grin::cool:
As a matter of fact my 35mm rig, before I left full-time shooting, was three FM2n bodies. One each chrome, black & titanium, so I could tell at a glance which was which in case I'd loaded different films. Two had MD-12 motors, which I never removed. The Rolex of 35mm IMO.

Erik Five

This is half frame cameras though. ;)

As a matter of fact my 35mm rig, before I left full-time shooting, was three FM2n bodies. One each chrome, black & titanium, so I could tell at a glance which was which in case I'd loaded different films. Two had MD-12 motors, which I never removed. The Rolex of 35mm IMO.

Oren Grad

That is cool. I also found out that Konica made a half-frame Hexar rangerfinder.
...as well as a half-frame version of the FT-1 SLR.

Old-timers will also remember that the original Konica Auto-Reflex and Auto-Reflex P of the mid-'60s allowed switching between full- and half-frame as a standard feature, not limited to a short-run, half-frame-only special edition like the half-frame Hexar AF and FT-1 cameras. I had one for a while, found it very cool as a contraption but too big and heavy to make sense for regular use as a half-frame camera.

Last edited:

jdphoto

One of my favorite cameras is the half frame Olympus Pen-F, with the incredible F. Zuiko lenses. Beautifully built in both chrome and black and an incredible bargain. When I looked at the prints from a Zuiko 38mm f/1.8, I was impressed that the resolution was as good as my Leica M 50mm Summilux. Getting 72 frames on a roll is pretty cool too.

Attachments