The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recommended Filter holder for HAsselblad

vincentbihler

Hi there !

I am going to Iceland in 10 days with my 503CX Hassy. I have 3 lenses for the trip CF T* 50, 80 and 150 with B60 filter mount. I would like to invest in a filter holder system that is not too cumberstone to travel with. My thoughts now are Cokin P series... But isn't it too tight for the CF50 ? Is there any risks of vignetting ? Otherwise, the Z-PRO series should be fine... But I would like to here your feedbacks about the system you are using. Maybe something else I haven't even thought of could suits my need ?

Best regards
Vincent

MartinN

I'm sorry but I don't have specifically used Hasselblad V systems.
However I have experience with Cokin-P, Cokin-Z and Cokin X-Pro.
My advice is to buy the biggest system you ever think you will need in the first place.
I started with P then bought a few Z and now need X-Pro for my 50mm Lens for my GX680.
My comment would be that you should perhaps go with Cokin Z if you don't plan something
in the future and need still bigger filters.

Why Z ? Because you can use Lee 100mm resin filters and Haida 100mm Glass filters.
If you have not investigated the Chinese Haida 100mm filters I think you should. The Haida
filter holder is cheaper than Cokin Z and the glass filters are way better quality than any resin
or polyester filter (Cokin and Lee). Especially ND64-ND1000 and grad ND:s are better when made
of optical glass (You almost get Schneider Kreuznach quality). However If you need color filters
you should get Cokin filters because Haida does not produce color filters.

Z systems are most versatile and you can mix & match.

Last edited:

MartinN

If you need bayonet mount for Hasselblad lenses I think you have to get a Cokin or Lee filter holder because Haida only provides screw thread adapter rings.