The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LTM Lens Collection. What do you think?

jodad

I have been offered the following by someone who is selling off his gear:

Hektor 135/4,5 with VF
Elmar 90/4 no VF
Elmar 50/2.8 with VF
Summaron 35/3.5 no VF
Hektor 28/6.3 with VF
Superangulon 21/4 with VF.

all in good condition visually and glass.

all for $2900 or i guess that works out to 2700 Euros.

My question is, does seem like a good deal to you guys for someone who would like a set of LTM lenses like this.

My question is, does seem like a good deal to you guys for someone who would like a set of LTM lenses like this.
Why would you want them? Very hard to imagine 'someone who would like a set of LTM lenses like this,' unless you're the specific person with a reason in mind.

If you're a collector, you need interesting and/or relatively rare lenses to begin or complete your collection.

If you're a photographer, you'd pick the lenses, as Vivek meant, for a particular sort of 'classic' image quality.

IMO these lenses don't seem like a great beginning from either standpoint.

The only advantage I see is that you'd get a full array of focal lengths all at once. Is that the reason for your interest? Or you have a LTM body and no lenses?

Kirk

jodad

Oh i see.
Well the gent is selling it as a set and i have always wanted a 3g so i figured that this way i could have a 3g and bunch of lenses all in one go from one seller in one transaction. My aim is to use all the lenses for a year and at the end of the year sell off the ones that i have used the least or like the least and wanted to make sure that i would not end up selling the lenses at a loss.