The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji GX680 focus lock lever problem

danielmoore

Does anyone have any experience in retightening a worn focus lock lever on the GX680 II or III? I have both and while the II is really worn, the III is starting to get too sloppy as well.

I've open them up and tried what I could think of and it just looks to me like the brass block clamp that closes down on the focus knob axle was never meant for adjustment, only factory replacement.

Any advice would be very welcome.

MartinN

Sad to hear about your problem.
No I don't know about repairing them.

I have a GX680 and another backup and the one I use has sligtly more play and looseness than the one
I save for backup. For my photography a 'slight' looseness of the focus lock has never been too
problematic. For example I seldom photograph with the lens pointing towards ground and therefore I
have never detected creep.

Are your problems really serious ?

Martin

danielmoore

Well I bought this one for parts so it's not a hardship. It is unfortunate that it was mainly the front standard I wanted working. I'm toying with the idea of trying to fix it myself at the risk of making it worse as it looks pretty inscrutable as to how to make it better. Hoping for a sudden insight as I stare at the mechanisms.