Site Sponsors

Thread: Fuji GX680 focus lock lever problem

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Fuji GX680 focus lock lever problem

Does anyone have any experience in retightening a worn focus lock lever on the GX680 II or III? I have both and while the II is really worn, the III is starting to get too sloppy as well.

I've open them up and tried what I could think of and it just looks to me like the brass block clamp that closes down on the focus knob axle was never meant for adjustment, only factory replacement.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fuji GX680 focus lock lever problem

Sad to hear about your problem.
    No I don't know about repairing them.

I have a GX680 and another backup and the one I use has sligtly more play and looseness than the one
    I save for backup. For my photography a 'slight' looseness of the focus lock has never been too
    problematic. For example I seldom photograph with the lens pointing towards ground and therefore I
    have never detected creep.

Are your problems really serious ?

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fuji GX680 focus lock lever problem

Well I bought this one for parts so it's not a hardship. It is unfortunate that it was mainly the front standard I wanted working. I'm toying with the idea of trying to fix it myself at the risk of making it worse as it looks pretty inscrutable as to how to make it better. Hoping for a sudden insight as I stare at the mechanisms.