The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nicca Rangefinder camera lens mount question

jdphoto

I was given a Nicca rangefinder camera with a beautiful Nikkor 5cm 1.4 screw mount lens in addition to a Canon 135mm f3.5 screw mount with viewfinders too. Very nice build quality, much like a Leica M3. My question is, how do I align the lens to mount properly with the camera body to engage the roller for frame lines? There's a groove cut into the brass threads on the lens mount, i'm thinking maybe use this as a reference.

wjlapier

There has been discussion on the "right" way to mount a lens on a LTM camera. I don't know if that's true. I have a Nicca and a CV 35/2.5 LTM lens. I just put the lens on the mount and screw it in until it stops. I've owned many LTM cameras--Leica and Canon. All lenses I've owned mounted and never had a problem with them engaging the rangefinder cam and working. Should be the same for the Nikkor 50/1.4 LTM and your Nicca camera.