The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Adox film, HR-50

iiiNelson

Personally I’m just waiting on Film Ferrania to start producing their P30 in 120... and for Fuji to make Acros 100 in 120 again.

iiiNelson

On a side note - since I started shooting film again a few years back I’ve come to the somewhat controversial conclusion that I really don’t care for Tri-X all that much and I prefer T-Max, Rollie RPX, and HP5+ over it... also the best of digital 35mm cameras have gotten to the point of me believing that the best way to shoot film these days is in 120mm to really “see” the difference.

As such I bought a 3 pack of HP5+, a 5 pack of TMax and Portraits 400 each, some Ektar 100, and some Cinestill 50D (since the 800T is sold out) to try all in 120 within the last few weeks. I still have a few unused rolls of 35mm but I’m finding that 36 exposures feels quite a bit more taxing to get through than 12 (or so depending on if I do multi exposures) meaningful/experimental shots.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
On a side note - since I started shooting film again a few years back I’ve come to the somewhat controversial conclusion that I really don’t care for Tri-X all that much and I prefer T-Max, Rollie RPX, and HP5+ over it... also the best of digital 35mm cameras have gotten to the point of me believing that the best way to shoot film these days is in 120mm to really “see” the difference.

As such I bought a 3 pack of HP5+, a 5 pack of TMax and Portraits 400 each, some Ektar 100, and some Cinestill 50D (since the 800T is sold out) to try all in 120 within the last few weeks. I still have a few unused rolls of 35mm but I’m finding that 36 exposures feels quite a bit more taxing to get through than 12 (or so depending on if I do multi exposures) meaningful/experimental shots.
HP5 has been my go-to film for years now. It's very satisfying when processed properly. Have you tried Portra 400? that's a great film. The 160 is nice too, but a bit too "pastel" for my taste.

iiiNelson

HP5 has been my go-to film for years now. It's very satisfying when processed properly. Have you tried Portra 400? that's a great film. The 160 is nice too, but a bit too "pastel" for my taste.
No it’s my first time with Portra 400... Growing up my parents limited our film stocks to what was available at the grocery store - which usually meant all family pictures were in Kodak Gold 100-400 (or the Fuji equivalent Superia) speed film. It is what it is and I sorta know what to expect from Portra 160/400 (or Fuji 400H Pro) films. Still have my eyes on the Cinestill 800T and hoping they produce Cinestill BWXX (which is rebranded Kodak Cinema filmstock used for Schindler’s List that was made to be processed in regular B&W chemistry) in 120 eventually.