The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon F Film Cameras CLA

jdphoto

Can anyone recommend a Nikon F repair technician in the US? I have a Nikon F2as that needs a CLA. I know Sover Wong is in the UK, but he's booked solid. Thanks for any input.

JoelM

I live in San Diego and have used Kurt's Camera Repair. They did a cleaning on my M8 a few years ago and were very professional. They are old school. If you don't live out here, perhaps you can find someone closer. I believe Keh, mpx, and others do repairs as well.

GL,

Joel

Leigh

Can anyone recommend a Nikon F repair technician in the US?
I have a Nikon F2as that needs a CLA.
It depends a lot on where you are.
You might want to add your location to your profile so it shows on every post.

- Leigh

jdphoto

I'm in the New England area, a few hours from Boston, but haven't located a repair facility for Nikon. I found APS, so we'll contact them and also Kurt's in San Diego.
Thanks for the input.

Frankly

I'm in the New England area, a few hours from Boston, but haven't located a repair facility for Nikon. I found APS, so we'll contact them and also Kurt's in San Diego.
Thanks for the input.
Sanford Camera Repair, Inc.: Film/Digital Camera Repair: Nikon Canon Olympus Pentax Minolta Fuji Hasselbald Mamiya Bronica Bolex & more I have had good results with them and they have Nikon parts. These guys are on the Nikon website list of recommended providers so they can get parts. Suburban Boston, fast service on my D810s, fair prices, says they do film cameras.

Bob Watkins at Precision Camera Works https://www.precisioncameraworks.com in Chicago is the creme of the crop but he only works on certain items, you'd want to check with them first.

You can gather their pricing based on their websites ;-p

jdphoto

Thanks for the replies. It seems that Precision does not currently service Nikon film cameras. My main issue with the F2 is the shutter resonance. It pings bit after a press of the shutter. Not ideal for weddings or other locations where stealth might be needed. I've read that most F2's have this shutter resonance. I'm new to the F2, but love it's build quality.