The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon EOS Film Bodies

JoelM

I haven't used Canon since the 80s and shot with the F1 bodies. I've been shooting Leica for 40 years, but I think I am done. The digital Leicas are too pricey. I have some lenses, but I don't want to diddle with the whole coding issue that is involved. I'd rather sell my M7 and most of the lenses, save one I can use on Sony. So, to this end, I want to have an EF body to go along with the "L" lenses that I am using on my Sony a7rII.

My question is which body has the best focusing and general usability. I know nothing of EF bodies. I do remember one with a pellicle mirror, EOS1-RS or something like that.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Joel

gnuyork

I have an EOS Elan IIe which was my first SLR with auto stuff on it that I haven't shot since the late 90s. I think it's pretty decent and I bet you can find them for not much. Other than digi EOS (several), I have no other experience.

JoelM

I ended up going with the RS. I am thrilled with it so far and I think I made a good choice.

Joel