The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FujiFilm ACROS-II

Satrycon

Finally :)

"Fujifilm Co., Ltd. announced on June 10 the development of the black-and-white film Neopan 100 ACROS II. It plans to release 35mm size and 120 size in the fall of 2019. The sale price is undecided.
Sensitivity ISO 100 black and white film. The company ended black-and-white film sales in the autumn of 2018 due to reduced demand and the difficulty of obtaining raw materials, but after receiving strong demand for continued sales mainly from enthusiasts and young people of the SNS generation, It is said that they have been studying for the reopening.
The company developed Acros II by researching substitutes for raw materials that became difficult to obtain and reviewing the manufacturing process to match the new raw materials. Compared with the conventional product "Neopan 100 ACROS", the gradation of the highlight part is designed to be sharp and it is possible to reproduce three-dimensional gradation.

In addition, the world's highest level of graininess is realized with the unique "Super Fine-Σ particle technology" (a technology that can control the size and composition of silver particles and improve the print quality of images), emphasizing the contour of the subject with high sharpness"

https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1189352.htm

iiiNelson

Finally :)

"Fujifilm Co., Ltd. announced on June 10 the development of the black-and-white film Neopan 100 ACROS II. It plans to release 35mm size and 120 size in the fall of 2019. The sale price is undecided.
Sensitivity ISO 100 black and white film. The company ended black-and-white film sales in the autumn of 2018 due to reduced demand and the difficulty of obtaining raw materials, but after receiving strong demand for continued sales mainly from enthusiasts and young people of the SNS generation, It is said that they have been studying for the reopening.
The company developed Acros II by researching substitutes for raw materials that became difficult to obtain and reviewing the manufacturing process to match the new raw materials. Compared with the conventional product "Neopan 100 ACROS", the gradation of the highlight part is designed to be sharp and it is possible to reproduce three-dimensional gradation.

In addition, the world's highest level of graininess is realized with the unique "Super Fine-Σ particle technology" (a technology that can control the size and composition of silver particles and improve the print quality of images), emphasizing the contour of the subject with high sharpness"

https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1189352.htm
Great to hear... I picked up a 5 pack of Acros in 120 a little under a year ago for ~$45... A bit on the pricy side for me to purchase film but not unreasonable either. I generally stick to HP5+ or TMax for my B&W but Acros is up there too for film stock I really like. I know it's probably sacrilege to say it, but I've found that I don't care all that much for Tri-X.

darr

A bit pricey for now @ $9.50 a roll via Japan purchase + shipping costs too! :shocked:
But, I am very happy to see Fujifilm updating their formula (I liked it the way it was in version 1) and committing to make it again.

Today @ B&H: Ilford FP4 120 @ $4.95, Delta 100 120 @ $5.95, Tmax 100 120 @ $6.59 and Tri-X 120 @ $6.99 with free shipping on $49+ orders.
Hopefully when US retailers like B&H Photo can get it, it will be at a lower price point with free shipping.
When I order film, it is way more than a $49 order.

Kind regards,
Darr

MartinN

Yes indeed, I agree on everything of Acros II. It will be interesting to see what this new formula does for graniness an tonality. If a film cost much more than $5 it has to be color or chrome, as a bonus. Myself I shoot mostly expired film for fun and don't take the film thing too seriously. Hovever, it is nice that there are films and development of formulas in the industry so maybe I should buy some new film.