Site Sponsors

Thread: FujiFilm ACROS-II

Post Thanks / Like

FujiFilm ACROS-II

Finally

"Fujifilm Co., Ltd. announced on June 10 the development of the black-and-white film Neopan 100 ACROS II. It plans to release 35mm size and 120 size in the fall of 2019. The sale price is undecided.
    Sensitivity ISO 100 black and white film. The company ended black-and-white film sales in the autumn of 2018 due to reduced demand and the difficulty of obtaining raw materials, but after receiving strong demand for continued sales mainly from enthusiasts and young people of the SNS generation, It is said that they have been studying for the reopening.
    The company developed Acros II by researching substitutes for raw materials that became difficult to obtain and reviewing the manufacturing process to match the new raw materials. Compared with the conventional product "Neopan 100 ACROS", the gradation of the highlight part is designed to be sharp and it is possible to reproduce three-dimensional gradation.

In addition, the world's highest level of graininess is realized with the unique "Super Fine-Σ particle technology" (a technology that can control the size and composition of silver particles and improve the print quality of images), emphasizing the contour of the subject with high sharpness"

https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1189352.htm
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: FujiFilm ACROS-II

Quote Originally Posted by Satrycon View Post
    Finally

"Fujifilm Co., Ltd. announced on June 10 the development of the black-and-white film Neopan 100 ACROS II. It plans to release 35mm size and 120 size in the fall of 2019. The sale price is undecided.
    Sensitivity ISO 100 black and white film. The company ended black-and-white film sales in the autumn of 2018 due to reduced demand and the difficulty of obtaining raw materials, but after receiving strong demand for continued sales mainly from enthusiasts and young people of the SNS generation, It is said that they have been studying for the reopening.
    The company developed Acros II by researching substitutes for raw materials that became difficult to obtain and reviewing the manufacturing process to match the new raw materials. Compared with the conventional product "Neopan 100 ACROS", the gradation of the highlight part is designed to be sharp and it is possible to reproduce three-dimensional gradation.

In addition, the world's highest level of graininess is realized with the unique "Super Fine-Σ particle technology" (a technology that can control the size and composition of silver particles and improve the print quality of images), emphasizing the contour of the subject with high sharpness"

https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1189352.htm
    Great to hear... I picked up a 5 pack of Acros in 120 a little under a year ago for ~$45... A bit on the pricy side for me to purchase film but not unreasonable either. I generally stick to HP5+ or TMax for my B&W but Acros is up there too for film stock I really like. I know it's probably sacrilege to say it, but I've found that I don't care all that much for Tri-X.
    Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great news. I still have the old Acros in the freezer, but this means that Fuji's rumoured exit from film production is somewhat premature.

https://www.fujifilm.co.jp/corporate...ffnr_1430.html

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to play with a box or two this myself if we could get a group buy from someone stopping by Japan

Post Thanks / Like

Patience... it's not yet available even in Japan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A bit pricey for now @ $9.50 a roll via Japan purchase + shipping costs too!
    But, I am very happy to see Fujifilm updating their formula (I liked it the way it was in version 1) and committing to make it again.

Today @ B&H: Ilford FP4 120 @ $4.95, Delta 100 120 @ $5.95, Tmax 100 120 @ $6.59 and Tri-X 120 @ $6.99 with free shipping on $49+ orders.
    Hopefully when US retailers like B&H Photo can get it, it will be at a lower price point with free shipping.
    When I order film, it is way more than a $49 order.

Kind regards,
    Darr
    Photo Blog: darrlene.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes indeed, I agree on everything of Acros II. It will be interesting to see what this new formula does for graniness an tonality. If a film cost much more than $5 it has to be color or chrome, as a bonus. Myself I shoot mostly expired film for fun and don't take the film thing too seriously. Hovever, it is nice that there are films and development of formulas in the industry so maybe I should buy some new film.