The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Well look what landed on my doorstep, an M7

Knorp

Regarding your other non-electronical Ms, IMO this is a good choice John and was my advice too when you raised the question awhile back. I'm sure you will enjoy it - seems to be a 'beaut' - and hope to see some proof ;)

Happy shooting and kind regards.

N

nei1

congratulations John(am not envious,am not envious)

Looks as good as new,have fun.

John,
I think Santa meant that for me- it's exactly what I asked him for! I'll be glad to provide forwarding address :)
Enjoy,
Rick

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I'm amazed at just how quiet the shutter is. It's been raining a day and I'm not wanting to submit it weather testing yet.

N

nei1

Im surprised that no-one has offered alternatives to this battery cover,Ive always found it a little ugly and cheap looking,probably just me.

Last edited:
M

Mark Ehlers

Purdy camera there, John. I'll bet you're having some fun with it. I know you had wrestled with the choice for awhile, but I'm glad to see you were able to decide and that the wait actually brought you something even better than expected.

M

Mark Ehlers

Im surprised that no-one has offered alternatives to this battery cover,Ive always found it a little ugly and cheap looking,probably just me.
Just put a red dot over it and no one will notice the cheap camera. ;)

P

Peter59

Hello John,

Nice camera. I have handled the M7 and it's a good Leica camera. I have the M5 that I really like a lot and have the 3,5cm through 13,5cm Leica glass to use on it. I also have two FSU Barnack copy cameras and copy Elmar 5cm f3,5 collapsible lenses so I'm set.

BTW this is my first post here as I just joined. Mark Ehlers provided the link. It's nice to see people I know and respect. Mark has an MP and an M3 now as well as several Barnack's. Hello Mark!

Truth be told I am haveing a little trouble recently with getting pictures of a quality that I was able to achieve last year with my FSU gear. So I will be concentrating for a while with using my Leica M5 and it's Leica glass. When I'm conviced that I have remembered how to apply my skills and get decent images again then I will bo back to also using the FSU Barnack copies. Film is to expensive to just waste.

One day if my budget will allow I will own a Leica IIIf. I already have the Summitar and Summaron in LTM and a 28mm f/3.5 Voightlander Color-Skopar and a FSU Turrent finder. I really like Barnack cameras because they are so small and they have no meter. I get a feeling of freedom in not depending on a light meter. This helps me to enjoy photography more. Too bad that this season so far I'm not happy with my photography with these cameras.

Good luck with your M7!!

Last edited:
Congratulations John- I see you got the Motor Winder with it, great choice. I love shooting the M7 with the M Winder more than any other camera. Incredibly solid and well balanced, fast, the AE is quite uncanny but manual exposing always is available, a joy to shoot. Wishing you many years of satisfaction with it. best...Peter