The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

photos: more fun with Contax Tix (3)

helenhill

Well Done Godfrey
Love Your Set.....its a Little Gem the T

I got the other Big Brother recently the G1 with the 45 Planar, the 21 Biogon, & the 90 sonnar....Beautiful glass

while I was purchasing the 90mm
I met an elderly fellow .... a photographer coming out with a B&W photography book called 'Flags'
coming out this Summer by Penguin....
he raved about the Contax Tix which he had on his belt buckle and said he blows up photos from thi litle P&S / 16 x20 & their astounding in Detail
That Sonnar 2.8 Rocks !

He shoots mostly with an M3 & Contax Tix

Cheers - H :)

Godfrey

Thanks H!

I had a Contax G2 kit for a while ... Liked working with the Leica M kit more, but the Zeiss lenses were superb.

The Tix is just a superb piece tho. I did three trips to Europe and carried only it ... got some wonderful photos from it. It was 'lost' in a drawer since 2002, but found again.

... I have a freezer full of film for it. ;-)

Godfrey