The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Just saying "Hi!"

M

Mark Ehlers

I've been pretty active on other internet photo forums for several years now, but I just joined this one and wanted to say"hi".

For my analog cameras I usually shoot a Leica MP. Lenses are: 50/1.4 Summilux (pre-asph), 35/2 Summicron ASPH, 50/2.8 Elmar-M, and VC 25/4 Color Skopar.

My other main analog camera is a recently aquired 1958 (converted to SS) M3 (after selling my M6TTL). Lens is a 1958 coated 50/2.8 Elmar. I recently reskinned it with cobalt blue goatskin from cameraleather.

I also have a Leica IIIf RD with 1946 coated 50/2 coated Summitar, a Zorki 1e with 50/3.5 Industar-22 lens, and a Canon IIIA with 50/1.8 Serenar lens.

M

Mark Ehlers

Hey, thanks for the welcome, Jono. I had seen your name here awhile back and thought about joining, but just never got around to doing it until now. There's only so many forums you can participate on before you realize that you've run out of time to actually shoot! Anyway, it's always good to see your lovely work.

M

Mark Ehlers

Thanks for the welcome, Cindy. As far as the M3 goes, I figured I already had a stealthy cam with the black paint MP, for when I want to be invisible. So why not have another camera for when I actually WANT to be noticed! :p

I call it "The Hollywood M". :D

maddoc

Hi Mark !! Nice to see you here around, too !! I also just recently joined and already recognized many well known from other places ... :)

M

Mark Ehlers

Hey, thanks maddoc!!!

So here's my latest aquisition, a 1957 Elmar 90/4 in M mount, to go with my M3. Got it from an RFF member who knows how to treat his glass. :)

This should now "complete" my M3 kit. ;)

And a few shots taken with it yesterday with Fuji Superia 400.

Knorp

Hidihi and a warm welcome from me too, Mark !
Good to have you onboard here :thumbs:

Kind regards.

M

Mark Ehlers

Hey, thanks Bart! It's good to see you here too, my friend. Many familiar faces around these parts! :salute:

maddoc

Elmar 90/4.0 .... With this lens, the probably most printed photo ever with a Leica, was taken. The famous portrait of Ernesto "Che" Guevara by Korda (Alberto Díaz Gutiérrez). :toocool: