The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Donut Toy - Leica MR 500m

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
MR Telyt 1:8/500. A compact lens for the Leicaflex SL2.
Pictures coming.
John

The 500mm is a super lens and under appreciated. I used to use the Nikkor version and shoot with K64 . I recently aquired this lens from Mark to use with my DMR. You can see my first day with the lens on my website under Beach/Day at the Beach....all images were with the 500mm . (some experimentation with the blurring stuff).

I used it all winter in FL ...plenty of light and using ISO 400 on the DMR produces some nice images . Finally converted the lens to work on the D3 simply to get the higher ISO .. a great combination. A small handheld 500mm lens that fits in a small bag. The key in FL is to have that long lens with you ..being near the water .

Love your SL2 50th anniversary model... that was my dad s camera ..I think he sold his to KEH for peanuts..

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
I've found it works well with one of Rudolf's adapters on my 5D as does a 2x extender. Only the extender is a later model and will not fit the SL2. Still it provides a nice compact long lens package.