Site Sponsors

Thread: Donut Toy - Leica MR 500m

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Donut Toy - Leica MR 500m

MR Telyt 1:8/500. A compact lens for the Leicaflex SL2.
    Pictures coming.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Donut Toy - Leica MR 500m

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
    MR Telyt 1:8/500. A compact lens for the Leicaflex SL2.
    Pictures coming.
    John

The 500mm is a super lens and under appreciated. I used to use the Nikkor version and shoot with K64 . I recently aquired this lens from Mark to use with my DMR. You can see my first day with the lens on my website under Beach/Day at the Beach....all images were with the 500mm . (some experimentation with the blurring stuff).

I used it all winter in FL ...plenty of light and using ISO 400 on the DMR produces some nice images . Finally converted the lens to work on the D3 simply to get the higher ISO .. a great combination. A small handheld 500mm lens that fits in a small bag. The key in FL is to have that long lens with you ..being near the water .

Love your SL2 50th anniversary model... that was my dad s camera ..I think he sold his to KEH for peanuts..

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Donut Toy - Leica MR 500m

I've found it works well with one of Rudolf's adapters on my 5D as does a 2x extender. Only the extender is a later model and will not fit the SL2. Still it provides a nice compact long lens package.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston