Site Sponsors

Thread: New Life for a Contarex..

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

New Life for a Contarex..

It seems like I'm getting old cameras restored more than buying new ones.

I have a very complete Zeiss Contarex (Bullseye) system but Zeiss stopped repairing them years ago and I hadn't until today found anyone working on them.

Well now I have. Contarex repair

Here is why I want to get it back up and running.

"The Zeiss Contarex lenses, manufactured for the redoubtable Contarex line of cameras from 1958 to 1973, have attained superstar status. According to most camera historians these lenses were the best ever, optically and mechanically. "

Erwin Puts on the Contarex lenses

Oh, it also has interchangeable backs of which I have 2. Shoot both color and B&W on the same body by just swapping backs.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Ranger 9

Re: New Life for a Contarex..

"The Zeiss Contarex lenses, manufactured for the redoubtable Contarex line of cameras from 1958 to 1973, have attained superstar status. According to most camera historians these lenses were the best ever, optically and mechanically. "

Whether that's true or not, in either a general or a specific sense, is probably debatable -- but there's no denying that the belief itself gives a certain sense of occasion to photographing with them!

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New Life for a Contarex..

It maybe a while, he has a two year waiting list....

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Insotsvot

New Life for a Contarex

let em do some research for you to find out which ones are the best I will try to get back to you tomorrow sometime