The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iPhone and film development HOORAY!!!!

jonoslack

I Guess you all know about this - I notice that John Stovall had pointed to the website.

But have you seen the iphone app!! The Massive Dev Chart
Last time I was developing my own film it was with two stop clocks and a lot of irritation.
This application makes it really really simple - Timers for every conceivable mixture of film and developer, with the numbers wobbling when you should be agitating.

Of course, I don't yet know how good the values are, but you can edit them, and it certainly revolutionises the hassle of development for me.

all the best

JCT

I've been using this for the past several months-- it is brilliant.

I have a first gen iPhone that was just sitting around so I bought a super water resistant otterbox case for it and now it lives in my darkroom.

Wish there was an easy way to export all of one's favorites, that's my only criticism,

One of my favorite iPhone apps.

JT

Stuart Richardson

I have also been using it for a long time. It is really excellent. I only wish it counted down instead of up! Every darkroom clock I have ever used has counted down, which is much more useful (because you know more easily when the time us up, since development times are variable). I wrote to them suggesting it, but no one ever responded. It seems like it would be trivial to add a setting to allow you to do it.

But yes, it is a very good program. It works on ipod touch too, but unfortunately then you don't get audible cues. I wish there was a full sized laptop version though as well...might be useful.

mathomas

I've used the app since I started developing my own (lets you know I haven't been up to it all that long). Of course, I do stand development more often now, so I just use the countdown timer on the iPhone for that.

M5-Guy

There is one for the Android too...
BW Developer BD Full
$0.99
It is use the same 7700+ standard 20c combos also...
you can change the Stop/Fix/Rinse times, and, change the agitation intervals and agitation times...

And it has a favorites folder for most used combos..