The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon 9000 scanning question

Lars

do you have to be a physicist to understand how? I am using windows XP 64 bit, would be a god send..
Hmm someone is still using XP 64-bit? Well, my fix was for Vista/Win7 64-bit so it might not work but here is the description anyway. (It's been a while and all my scan gear is packed away in storage at this time.)

The fix is along the lines of using the driver from Vuescan to communicate with the scanner.

First install Vuescan and make sure it finds the scanner and can scan.
Then install NikonScan but DO NOT install Nikon's drivers. Make sure you uncheck the drivers during the installation process.
I think that was all.

More info here: See Monte920's post halfway down the page.

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59380

Lars

There's always dualbooting, or if you can find a way to make a VM get to the firewire hardware then that could work too.

tnabbott

I recommend the glass carrier too. I've used one on the 9000 and it makes the whole process very simple and very reliable as to Newton rings.