Site Sponsors

Thread: Mail-in 120 color film process/ scan service

Post Thanks / Like

Mail-in 120 color film process/ scan service

Does anyone use an affordable mail-in company for 120 color film process/ scan service? I don't need super high res scans, but good quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Mail-in 120 color film process/ scan service

People report good results from the service at Precision Camera in Austin- Robert (monza) posts here. They are a sponsor on the Rangefinder Forum, and offer a discount on the processing. Suggest you check them out. I'm not sure about 120, but think they do it- check their website.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had good experiences with NCPS. I'm expecting to have good experiences with Precision Camera too, but I need to see what my first batch looks like. I expect it to get in on Monday or Tuesday; I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I had used NCPS for color, and was very happy with results. I tried them for a roll of HP5 b&w, and it came back with pepper grain, contacted them to say I was unhappy, never heard anything, said "adios" to them. I see others report good results with b&w, so maybe it was just a bad day, but I didn't like the lack of any response at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got my negs/scans back from Precision Camera. I'm happy with them. A bit slower turnaround than NCPS, but the scans look great and are huge. All 35mm, so presumably the 120 stuff would be just as good.

Personally, I don't like the way traditional B&W scans look on these minilab style scanners. Most the examples I've seen have grain like what you describe.