The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Flatbed scanner film holder

photoSmart42

So I'm happy using my V750, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to improve my 35mm scans by using something like a FH-835S holder from a Nikon scanner. The OEM holders on the Epson aren't all that great, and while I have the betterscanning holders for MF and LF, I'd like some options for 35mm. Anyone used film scanner holders on their flatbed by chance?

routlaw

So I'm happy using my V750, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to improve my 35mm scans by using something like a FH-835S holder from a Nikon scanner. The OEM holders on the Epson aren't all that great, and while I have the betterscanning holders for MF and LF, I'd like some options for 35mm. Anyone used film scanner holders on their flatbed by chance?
I don't have the V750 scanner, only the 4990 which seldom gets used, but have you read through the review article below? Might give you some ideas.

Rob

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson V750/page_1.htm

photoSmart42

Found a decent solution: the stock slide film holders aren't half bad. As a backup I modified a 35mm slide holder for a UMAX scanner to fit inside the well on my betterscanning MF holder. That allows me to put the ANR glass on top of the slides, and gives me better stability and adjustability than the stock slide holder. Haven't made the adjustments for perfect focus yet, but the initial results are very encouraging.