Site Sponsors

Thread: Flatbed scanner film holder

Post Thanks / Like

Flatbed scanner film holder

So I'm happy using my V750, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to improve my 35mm scans by using something like a FH-835S holder from a Nikon scanner. The OEM holders on the Epson aren't all that great, and while I have the betterscanning holders for MF and LF, I'd like some options for 35mm. Anyone used film scanner holders on their flatbed by chance?
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flatbed scanner film holder

Quote Originally Posted by photoSmart42 View Post
    So I'm happy using my V750, but I'm wondering if there's a better way to improve my 35mm scans by using something like a FH-835S holder from a Nikon scanner. The OEM holders on the Epson aren't all that great, and while I have the betterscanning holders for MF and LF, I'd like some options for 35mm. Anyone used film scanner holders on their flatbed by chance?
    I don't have the V750 scanner, only the 4990 which seldom gets used, but have you read through the review article below? Might give you some ideas.

Rob

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/int...750/page_1.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flatbed scanner film holder

Found a decent solution: the stock slide film holders aren't half bad. As a backup I modified a 35mm slide holder for a UMAX scanner to fit inside the well on my betterscanning MF holder. That allows me to put the ANR glass on top of the slides, and gives me better stability and adjustability than the stock slide holder. Haven't made the adjustments for perfect focus yet, but the initial results are very encouraging.
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses