Site Sponsors

Thread: Video - Wet Mounting Film for Drum Scanning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Video - Wet Mounting Film for Drum Scanning

Over the years I have been asked several times to describe how I mount film so I decided to make a video. I just posted it to YouTube (How to Wet Mount Film for Drum Scanning.wmv - YouTube ).
    Questions and comment are welcome. Just remember, this is how I DO IT, I'm not saying it is the best way, the only way or the fastest way.
    One comment I have received states that my method is "painful for me to watch as it was much too laborious than necessary". My intentions were never to cause anyone pain :-). In real time it takes me ~10 minutes too load a drum.
    Thanks,

Gale
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Video - Wet Mounting Film for Drum Scanning

Thanks for posting this, Gale.

It's always interesting to see how people approach wetmounting - I apply fluid as the image is rolled onto the drum rather than afterwards.

Also interesting (and sad) to see that ruined drum at the end of the video. I was lucky to get four good drums with my Howtek, and I'm of course very careful with them.

-Lars
    Monochrome: http://mochro.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Video - Wet Mounting Film for Drum Scanning

Thanks Lars for the comment .
    I also squirt mounting fluid on the film and drum when rolling, if I don't have enough that's when I run it down the drum.
    Taking care of the drums is so important, that's why I talked about it at the end of the video. No matter how nice a scanner you have if you don't have a good drum, the scanner is almost worthless.

Gale