Site Sponsors

Thread: Grade 5 paper?

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Grade 5 paper?

I'm thinking about doing some wet darkroom printing and started looking for papers. In the past my two favorites were Agfa grades 4 and 5. I don't see at Freestyle any grade 5.

Does anyone make any papers today with the brillant white and glossy backs that Agfa had in '70's?

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

carbonmetrictree

Re: Grade 5 paper?

Freestyle does have their "version" of Agfa's 111 VC, but I haven't see anything in a very long time for a grade 5, even on ebay. I lucked out getting a few boxes of Record Rapid #3 and about 10 boxes of the actual Agfa 111 on eBay.

My best guess would be to constantly check eBay, there's really no where else that I could find really good papers at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by johnastovall View Post
    I'm thinking about doing some wet darkroom printing and started looking for papers. In the past my two favorites were Agfa grades 4 and 5. I don't see at Freestyle any grade 5.

Does anyone make any papers today with the brillant white and glossy backs that Agfa had in '70's?

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Grade 5 paper?

Thanks I'll start checking eBay. Last night I was looking a some prints I had made over 30 years ago and they were as crisp as the day they were printed. I won't even dream of finding any grade 6....

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston