The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

UK Darkroom hire

I am starting to hire my darkroom out it, which must be one of the best equipped private darkrooms outside London, in addition to what yo can see in the photos it has a 5ft sink, 24in nova 6 slot washer, 5x4 deep tanks and a 24in fibre flat bed drier.

I will provide a small amount of B&W chemistry, paper dev and fix and ID11 stock solution.

Rates are very reasonable £55 half day and £85 full days thats 6-8 hrs with as much tea and coffee you can drink and a spot of lunch for those booking the full day!

I am also taking in processing and printing on a bespoke basis using Adox MG classic and Ilford MGV warm tone classic as a my papers.

my email is [email protected]
getDPI | Photography at its best more images on here

Hi Ben

Not a chance there; my local colleges will not allow adverts from outside too many local bean counters and paper pushers standing in the way of student learning in the real world.

ps

Great work , just found a load of family stuff and also researching into my gt gt gt uncle Simeon Solomon who was the only Jewish Pre-Raphaelite!

250swb

Hi Ben

Not a chance there; my local colleges will not allow adverts from outside too many local bean counters and paper pushers standing in the way of student learning in the real world.
On the recent APUG visit to Ilford the question of darkrooms came up in the final Q&A session with those in charge. Ilford said they were thinking of a scheme to put potential darkroom users in touch with darkroom owners around the country, so if anything has come of it since then you might ask to get on board.

As somebody who has run independent educational darkroom facilities in the past I would make it a requirement that even experienced people take a refreshers course in your darkroom. We all know how to make a print, but we don't know where everything is kept, we don't know who was in there before us and if anything has been contaminated, and we all have a different tolerance for mess, so drum in some rules early on. I'm sure there is also plenty of potential for beginners workshops, small groups who get a one-to-one and maybe they become regular customers.

Good luck, I think it's a great idea if it works financially.

Steve