The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Imacon Flextight II problem...

atufte

Hi

I just bought a mildy used Imacon Flextight II, and it has been working
flawlessly for 30+ scans, but all of sudden the upper lamp/tube died. Of course I though it was just burned out, so I replaced it with a new one, but to my greatest fear, it still does not work, so PLEASE help, I'm in the middle of scanning for a big exibition so this comes at a real bad time...(and NO i can not afford doing all this scanning at a lab) ...all help will be widely appreciated...

Alex

Last edited:

atufte

What I find strange is that, the scanner works without the lamp/tube (but scans do not look good) But there is no message or light blinking saying anything is wrong. So I tried to scan just using a LED flashlight, and this actually made the scans, way better...of course this is not the solution, but it leads me to think (if this is a motherboard problem) that I actually could exchange the whole lamp/tube with it's holder and everything (and yes it's own power source) but I hate the idea of "hacking" my Imacon scanner....:banghead:

Last edited:

viablex1

What I find strange is that, the scanner works without the lamp/tube (but scans do not look good) But there is no message or light blinking saying anything is wrong. So I tried to scan just using a LED flashlight, and this actually made the scans, way better...of course this is not the solution, but it leads me to think (if this is a motherboard problem) that I actually could exchange the whole lamp/tube with it's holder and everything (and yes it's own power source) but I hate the idea of "hacking" my Imacon scanner....:banghead:
did you find out what happened? with this ?