The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Cinestill single step processing

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The advantages with the Cinestill product are the price and (according to Cinestill) more flexibility. If I order 3 litres from Fotoimpex in Germany (postage from the US to Asia is prohibitive), the cost ber roll would be USD 2-2.5, if the quality is really maintained for the 16 rolls that they promise in the marketing.

However, if it only stays good for half of that, like 8 rolls, the cost doubles to nearly USD 5, which is what I pay at the best, most expensive lab in Bangkok. I might try it anyway though, since my film consumption is increasing, and it would save me the hassle (and cost) of getting the film to the lab.

MartinN

I have done B&W and C-41 ColorNegative at home at room temperature:shocked:
There is no problems with these in the first period of mixing the solutions, however after
maximum 3 months the solutions (developer) suddenly goes completely bad and gives
no more developing power.

So if you can utilise the chemicals in MAX 3 months you could be OK.
I don't have time to photograph that much and now I have switched
to use my local lab for C-41 and E-6. The E-6 chemicals go completely
bad even faster.

MartinN

I highly recommend 3 bath B&W development. The longest shelf life developer is 1l Kodak HC-110 immediately divided into 50ml bottles(brim full, stock strength). Then I recommend Macodirect.de as a source for chemicals. I have stocked up with Agfa fix in 120ml bottles that probably can be used for 6 months when mixed with water.

https://www.macodirect.de/chemie/schwarzweisschemie/filmentwicklung/fixierbad/agfa-fix-ag-fixierbad-120ml?c=29

I bougth Kodak Indicator stopbath when it wasn't prohibitely expensive and it probably last me a lifetime:grin: but probably acetic acid without indicator is much cheaper.

Then I recommend Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent in the powder form always added a few spoons to the rinsing water before wetting agent. This saves washing water.

Oh BTW I saw that macodirect can't ship HC-110 outside EU.

Some cheap Foma developer powder bags for single liters could be an alternative.

Last edited: