Site Sponsors

Thread: Omega LPL D6700 enlarger?

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Omega LPL D6700 enlarger?

Has anyone used the Omega LPL D6700 enlarger? What were your impressions of it? How was it for VC papers?

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Omega LPL D6700 enlarger?

I owned the original LPL 6700 some 25 years ago. Pretty inovative in it's day as it was a diffused light source as opposed to the normal condensed light. As such B+W negs printed lovely BUT with color I was always struggling with the subtractive dialling method. I mean, if I wanted more red I wanted to be able to dial IN red, not scratch my brain for it's opposite on the light spectrum.

I soon got used to it though and, coupled with a wonderful Rodenstock lens I acquired I was quite happy for many a year.

This is a scanned print produced from the LPL - maybe I could do better these days but 25 years ago I was on a learning curve!

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Omega LPL D6700 enlarger?

Thanks for the information. I'm looking at using it purely for B&W.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston