The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Windy day, so....

David K

Workshop Member
Tom,
Me too... I simply drag one of the posted images to my PS folder to open it up and check the File Info. Last one was shot with the H3D II.. 80mm lens at f/2.8 at .3 secs 50 ISO.

Bob,
I like the simplicity of these shots and the bokeh in the last one. And, yes, it's good to see activity on this forum. Let's keep it going.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
David and Tom,

I am sorry for the oversight. It is in the metadata information but I realize that requires an extra step...I was hoping to keep things a little cleaner without the added information.

The camera is an H3DII 39 ISO equivalent 50 and 80 HC lens. I recently upgraded and am learning the post process shuffle for this combination. These files were imported as 3F into Flexcolor, output as DNG then into Lightroom for screening and intitial exposure.contrast.clarity.vibrancy manipulation. I then output a copy to CS3 for individual contrast and exposure fine adjustments. Final output sharpening via Photokit Sharpener plugin for intended output. Color space conversion is from PhotoPro to Adobe RGB for printing or sRGB to Web. Actual manipulation is not much ... it takes longer to write this than to run the files.

The file from the back is dead on neutral and allows a lot of latitude with regards to output. I think that the color range is very accurate and I try to not exaggerate the final result. Depending on the subject it really feels like one is using Astia or Provia, not Velvia.

When Phocus is released as a stable nonBeta package, I hope to use it and eliminate some of the shuffle in the future.

Bob Moore