The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with FSU lenses

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've posted this image before, but this is a reprocess.
Taken with the G1 and a venerable Fed 50/3.5 collapsible.

Keith

Taken with the G1 and a venerable Fed 50/3.5 collapsible.
Keith, if you get a good copy, it is incredible how good these lenses can be. Particularly on the G1, where there are no rangefinder coupling problems. On the M8 I never managed to get a sharp image with the above Jupiter.

Cheers
Peter

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Keith, if you get a good copy, it is incredible how good these lenses can be. Particularly on the G1, where there are no rangefinder coupling problems. On the M8 I never managed to get a sharp image with the above Jupiter.

Cheers
Peter
Peter, this is a good idea for a thread. These FSU lenses are still a bargain, and are very good. I have a few, I will try to get some more images up soon.

Keith

The Russian Zenitar is basically a Fish Eye lens, but the central part that covers the m43 sensor is nearly linear. To correct straight lines near the border, a slight distortion correction can be applied during Raw conversion.

New Wheat - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp

Pond - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp

Last edited:

Forgotten Grapes - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp

Village Fountain in Luins - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp

Field Path - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp

Palettes - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp

Freshly laboured Field - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp