The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D3 and 28/1.4

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Just a quick shot from yesterday with the 28mm I bought from Woody. I really wanted to find something that I could shoot with that was fast and wide on the D3. I'm thinking that it'll be the perfect complement to my 85/1.4 when I want to go with a simple two lens kit for the D3. It's expensive, and the 24-70 is razor sharp, but a dreamier narrow depth of field fits the look I'm going after.

Here it is at f1.4.

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Victor,

I still enjoy my M8 quite a bit. But, the D3 and the D300 aren't just the latest plaything. I think that quite a few people are feeling quite comfortable with the usability, functionality and image quality from the cameras. The right out of the camera, the images are very, very good (white balance, sharpness, colors). I'm also liking having auto focus again after 3 years of strict manual focus.

And yes, the high ISO is an eye opener.

Kurt

David K

Workshop Member
Kurt,
Glad you bought that lens before I did :) Looks like your white balance is a bit off... did you convert to sRGB ? Nevertheless, the creamy bokeh is obvious.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I knew you had to be thinking about it, so I had to act fast. I didn't convert it to sRGB ... it is a little blue isn't it? But, remember that this is from planet Wisconsin where weird global warming and lighting patterns mean we now get 100"+ snow per year. :D

Kurt

gogopix

Subscriber
Hi Victor,

I still enjoy my M8 quite a bit. But, the D3 and the D300 aren't just the latest plaything. I think that quite a few people are feeling quite comfortable with the usability, functionality and image quality from the cameras. The right out of the camera, the images are very, very good (white balance, sharpness, colors). I'm also liking having auto focus again after 3 years of strict manual focus.

And yes, the high ISO is an eye opener.

Kurt
Hmmm...We'll see. I give it 6 months at most. In two to three months, doubts will set in, if they haven't already.:toocool:

Victor

vieri

I believe that this offers a little bit better color balance.
I kinda preferred the "early morning" mood of the first one... :D not always the best WB is the right WB, so to speak! At least for me - best WB is the one which conveys the best feel to an image, the right one, is the one that makes whites white, grays gray, blacks black: not much poetry in that IMHO, but of course YMMV.