The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

movement on the tilt adaptor front

pellicle

Folks

for those of you who may be interested, I have had a few more words with Jin at RJ Camera that are quite promising.

"yeah... but probably end of next month :)
the price will be in 3 digit :),
the low part of $100+ range..."
I know this won't be of great interest to everyone here, but it certainly is to me. I loved my TS-E 90mm lens for extending depth of field beyond using stop down methods ...

it would be nice to use a 35mm or 50mm lens in the same way at f5.6 on my G1

If he can get me one before Christmas I'll be really keen to review it ... Christmas is suddenly looking good :)

V

Vivek

Pellicle,

The tilt only adapter would have severe limitations. First and foremost, it would restrict the (effective) use of different lenses.

IME, I find 28mm to be the longest acceptable FL for an APS-C sensor and ~17mm for the m4/3rds.

Since you are using T/S lenses, it would be easy for you understand the necessity that (once tilt is employed) you need to shift to get everything under control in a frame.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what turns up.

pellicle

Hi

Since you are using T/S lenses, it would be easy for you understand the necessity that (once tilt is employed) you need to shift to get everything under control in a frame.
Perhaps due to the central pivot nature of the tilt I seldom applied any shift to my TS-E 90 when tilting. As you perhaps know the standard configuration is actually to place the shift at 90deg to the tilt anyway.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what turns up.
it will be ... I hope Jin has taken my advice and diagrams carefully into consideration ...